|Eastern Obolo(Eastern Andoni)|
|State||Akwa Ibom State|
|• Type||Local Government|
Victoria G. Tallick leader title = Viceleader name = Loveday Ekoyork
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
It is located in the Niger Delta fringe between Imo and Qua Iboe Rivers estuaries and lies between latitudes 4° 28` and 4° 53` and longitudes 7° 50` and 7° 55` East. It is bounded in the North by Mkpat Enin Local Government Area, North East by Onna,West by Ikot Abasi, South East by Ibeno Local Government Area and in the South by the Atlantic Ocean.
The cultural heritage is not restricted to the people. Rather the entire Niger Delta with unique traditional dressing synonymous with “Etibo” and “Wurkor“
Abundant mineral deposits with onshore and offshore oil wells at Elekpon, Iko Town, Otunene and Iko-Nta/Obianga. Fishing depot at Educwink, Elekpon, Agan-asa. Forest reserves include mangrove, iroko, raffia, rubber, kolanurt, coconut, peas, mango etc.
Predominantly fishermen with over 65 per cent involved in active fishing.
The people are a mixture Andoni and Iko extractions; strong cultural affinity exists among the people.lt has a total landmass of 117,008square kilometers with an estimated shoreline of about 184 km long. The official language is the Obolo language which is also spoken in the Andoni local government area of Rivers State.
|* Source: 2006 National Census|
- "Coconut Oil Refinery project: A-Ibom govt assures community on compensation - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2017-03-22. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "A/Ibom to compensate community in establishing coconut oil refinery - BusinessDay : News you can trust". BusinessDay : News you can trust. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Ikon Abasi, Mkpat Enin, Eastern Obolo LGAs get coconut plantation, refinery -". theeagleonline.com.ng. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- Ozo-mekuri, Ndimele (2016-02-22). Language Endangerment: Globalisation and the Fate of Minority Languages in Nigeria. M & J Grand Orbit Communications. ISBN 9789785412727.
- Ozo-mekuri, Ndimele; Constatine, Yuka, Lendzemo (2016-07-25). Issues in Contemporary African Linguistics: A Festschrift for Oladele Awobuluyi. M & J Grand Orbit Communications. ISBN 9789785412789.
http://www.helloakwaibom.com/eastern-obolo-lga/ Hello Akwa-Ibom
|This Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Ephraim E. Jerry. Contributor