1915 Eastern Suburbs season
- Premiership Round 1. Saturday 8 May 1915,
Eastern Suburbs 25 defeated Annandale 3 at the Agricultural Ground.
- Premiership Round 2, Saturday 15 May 1915,
- Premiership Round 3, Saturday 22 May 1915,
- Premiership Round 4, Saturday 29 May 1915,
- Premiership Round 5, Saturday 12 June 1915,
- Premiership Round 6, Saturday 19 June 1915
- Premiership Round 7, Saturday 26 June 1915
- Premiership Round 8, Saturday 3 July 1915,
Eastern Suburbs 32 defeated Annandale 3 at Hampden.
- Premiership Round 9, Saturday 10 July 1915
- Premiership Round 10, ??? 15 July 1915
Balmain 14 defeated Eastern Suburbs Eastern Suburbs 7 at the Agricultural Ground.
- Premiership Round 11, ??? 31 July 1915
- Premiership Round 12, ??? 7 August 1915,
- Premiership Round 13, Saturday 14 August 1915,
- Premiership Round 14, Saturday 21 August 1915,
City Cup Final
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2012)|
|“||CITY CUP FINAL - EASTERN SUBURBS IRRESISTIBLE.
Superior strategy, greater physical fitness and all round excellence in the dribbling game were factors which enabled Eastern Suburbs to defeat Glebe, scoring 22 points to 3, at the Agricultural Ground on Saturday in the presence of 5,000 spectators, and win the City Cup for the second year in succession.
At one point in the early stages of the game Glebe were hard pressed, and an opportune penalty on the wing led to Messenger goaling for Eastern Suburbs. intelligent anticipation by Cubitt led to a further score a few seconds later. P. White from loose play dribbled clear of opponents, and then gathering cleverly, shot out what appeared to be a reckless pass. However, Cubitt by a great effort, caught the ball and was over in a twinkling. Messengers kick was unsuccessful. Later on Watkins had to retire (replaced by H. Barker), and Messenger was temporarily crippled. However, these mishaps only stimulated Eastern Suburbs. A moment or two later a knock on by Hickey placed Tidyman in position, and the latter running strongly, brought Cubitt into position, and the latter scorcd Next Barker, who bael returned, showed a surprising turn of speed, and scorced near the corner. Miessenger landed a great goal. Before half time F. Burge obtained possession and passed to Henry Bolewski, who scored a few yards from the corner A Bolewski’s kick fell short. At the interval Eastern Suburbs led by 10 points to 3.
On resuming Jonas scored a somewhat lucky try. Next Cubitt scored behind the posts, and Messenger easily converted. Before the close Eastern Suburbs further Increased their score through McGowen, who snipped two very neat field goals, and at the close led by 22 points to 3
|— Sydney Morning Herald Match Report|
|Tries||Cubitt 3, Jonas|
|Field Goal||McGowan 2|
- Won City Cup
- Won Presidents Cup
- Representatives:- Les Cubitt(NSW), George Challis(NSW), Jack Watkins(NSW).
|This rugby league football article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|