Easton Airport (Maryland)
|IATA: ESN – ICAO: KESN – FAA LID: ESN|
|Elevation AMSL||72 ft / 22 m|
Easton Airport (IATA: ESN, ICAO: KESN, FAA LID: ESN), also known as Newnam Field, is a county-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (4 km, or 2.5 miles) north of the central business district of Easton, a town in Talbot County, Maryland, United States.
Facilities and aircraft
Easton Airport covers an area of 500 acres (200 ha) at an elevation of 72 feet (22 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 4/22 measuring 5,500 x 100 ft (1,676 x 30 m) and 15/33 measuring 4,003 x 100 ft. (1,220 x 30 m).
There are precision approaches on runway 4 and 22. Runway 4 uses an ILS approach while runway 22 uses a GPS or NDB approach. All four runways use PAPI precision approach lights to help guide pilots on their final approach on landing. As of late 2007, an Air traffic control tower has been built on field, due to the increasing number of aircraft at Easton Airport. Easton is now a Class D (Delta) controlled airport with a ceiling of 2,600 feet.
For the 12-month period ending June 22, 2007, the airport had 160,000 aircraft operations, an average of 438 per day: 85% general aviation, 11% air taxi and 4% military. At that time there were 170 aircraft based at this airport: 72% single-engine, 15% multi-engine, 9% jet and 5% helicopter.
On field services include: 100LL and Jet A fuel, aircraft rental, aircraft sales, aircraft maintenance, aerial photography, flight school, charter flights, car rental, oxygen and T-hangars.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ESN ( PDF), effective 2008-04-10
- Airport Specifications at Talbot County website. Retrieved 2007-07-22
- Airport: About Easton Airport at Talbot County website. Retrieved 2007-07-22.
- ESN - Easton Airport/Newnam Field at Maryland Aviation Authority. Retrieved 2008-04-28.
- Easton Airport, official site
- (PDF), effective July 21, 2016
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ESN, effective July 21, 2016
- Resources for this airport:
- Easton Jet Service, FBO Website