Eastridge Transit Center
The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) Eastridge Transit Center is a transit bus station located at Eastridge Mall in eastern San Jose, California. The station is located alongside Capitol Expressway near Tully Road.
The following VTA bus routes operate from Eastridge:
- Google Transit directions starting from Eastridge Transit Center
- VTA Bus Route 12 - Eastridge to San Jose Civic Center (Saturdays, Sundays and holidays only)
- VTA Bus Route 22 - Eastridge to Palo Alto Transit Center via downtown San Jose
- VTA Bus Route 26 - Eastridge to Sunnyvale/Lockheed-Martin Transit Center
- VTA Bus Route 31 - Eastridge to Evergreen College
- VTA Bus Route 39 - Eastridge to The Villages
- VTA Bus Route 43 - Eastridge to Alum Rock Transit Center (Sundays and holidays only)
- VTA Bus Route 70 - Capitol Light Rail Station to Great Mall/Main Transit Center
- VTA Bus Route 71 - Eastridge to Great Mall/Main Transit Center
- VTA Bus Route 77 - Eastridge to Great Mall/Main Transit Center
- VTA Express Bus Route 103 - Eastridge to Palo Alto (weekday commute only)
- VTA Express Bus Route 180 Fremont BART Station to White and Aborn (weekday commute only, scheduled trips only)
- VTA Rapid Bus Route 522 - Eastridge to Palo Alto Transit Center via downtown San Jose
Bus Rapid Transit plans
VTA is planning a bus rapid transit line from the downtown San Jose Diridon train station to the Alum Rock light rail station then along Capitol Expressway to Eastridge Mall. In March 2008, VTA announced that the state has awarded it $12.1 million for this project.
VTA's plans mention the possibility of upgrading the system to light rail in the future. They have been actively planning such a light rail extension, contingent upon less-certain funding arrangements.
- "VTA set to receive $12.1 million for new bus system". San Jose Mercury News. 2008-03-12. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- "VTA Receives $12.1 Million in Proposition 1B Funding" (Press release). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- "Capitol Expressway Light Rail Project" (PDF). Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. 2006-09-05. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- Eastridge Transit Center, Valley Transportation Authority