Eastwick College and the HoHoKus Schools
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (August 2009)|
|Type||Privately held, for-profit|
|Location||Ramsey, New Jersey, United States|
|Campus||Multiple: United States|
|Affiliations||New Jersey Department of Education, Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools|
Eastwick College and the HoHoKus Schools consists of five schools located in the northern New Jersey area, owned and operated by Eastwick Education.
1988 - First proprietary school in the State of New Jersey recognized by the American Council on Education, allowing our credits to be transferred to over 1500 colleges nationwide.
1994 - First non-degree granting institution in the nation to become affiliated with the prestigious American Medical Technologists (AMT), allowing Eastwick College graduates the opportunity to become nationally registered medical assistants.
1995 - First non-degree granting institution in the nation given the opportunity for its students to sit for cardiovascular registry examinations administered by Cardiovascular Credentialing International.
1995 - First and longest continuously running electronics school in the state. Eastwick College – Nutley was established in 1957, and has been owned and operated by Eastwick Education since 1995.
1996 - First career training institute in the city of Hackensack, Eastwick College – Hackensack was established in 1968, and has been owned and operated by Eastwick Education since 1996.
2003 - First nationally accredited school in the State of New Jersey approved to teach nursing by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, allowing Eastwick College graduates the opportunity to become licensed practical nurses.
2005 - First and longest continuously running nationally accredited school recognized by the American Welding Society. The HoHoKus School of Trade in Paterson, NJ was established in 1947, and has been owned and operated by Eastwick Education since 2005.
2006 - First nationally accredited school in the State of New Jersey to become affiliated with the Fiber Optics Association, allowing Eastwick College - Nutley graduates the opportunity to become nationally certified fiber optics technicians.
2006 - First proprietary school in the nation to offer a licensed practical nursing (LPN) program for students who speak English as a second language.
2007 - First private sector school owned by a NJ corporation approved by the Department of Education to offer shared time services to classified students.
2008 - First nationally accredited school in NJ approved by the Department of Labor to teach electrical and plumbing apprenticeships, recognized by both the New Jersey Independent Electrical Contractors (NJ-IEC) and the NJ Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (NJ-PHCC), respectively.
2010 - First proprietary school to offer an associate degree in surgical technology accredited by CAAHEP.
2013 - First private sector college established in Hackensack, NJ, the county seat of Bergen County.
2013 - First private sector college to offer a business administration degree program with both real estate and entrepreneurship licensing.
2013 - First private sector college in the State of New Jersey to offer a degree in mortuary science with NJ embalming and funeral director licensing.
2014 - First private sector college established in Nutley, NJ, Essex County.
2014 - First college in NJ to offer a cardiovascular sonography associate degree accredited by CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of
Some of the most popular paths of study include:
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Occupational Therapy Assisting (OTA)
- Surgical Tech
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Health Science
- Mortuary Science
- Health IT
- Electrician Apprenticeship
- Eastwick College - Ramsey, NJ http://www.eastwickcollege.com
- HoHoKus-Trades - Paterson, NJ http://www.hohokustrades.com
- Eastwick College - Hackensack, NJ http://www.hohokushackensack.com
- Eastwick College - Nutley, NJ http://www.hohokusrets.com
Accreditations & Affiliations
- Career College Association
- NJ Board of Nursing
- NJ Commission on Higher Education
- NJ Department of Education
- NJ Department of Health
- NJ Department of Labor
- NJ Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- NJ One Stop Career Center
- Private Career School Association of New Jersey
- American Council on Education/CCRS
- American Medical Technologists
- American Welding Society
- Bergen Regional Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- Care One
- Comp TIA
- Fiber Optics Association
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Holy Name Hospital
- Independent Electrical Contractors
- International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET)
- International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians (ISCET)
- Jersey City Medical Center
- Microsoft Office Specialist Testing
- National Center for Competency Testing
- National Certified Medical Assistant
- Palisades Medical Center
- Pearson Authorized Test Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Saint Joseph Hospital
- Somerset Medical Center
- Valley Hospital of Ridgewood