Eastwood High School (Texas)
|Eastwood High School|
2430 McRae Blvd.El Paso, Texas
|Motto||Home of El Paso's Finest|
|School district||Ysleta Independent School district|
|Enrollment||2,277 (2015) |
Eastwood High School, "Home of El Paso's Finest," is located in the city of El Paso, Texas. Eastwood had its first graduating senior class in 1965; today Eastwood High School has 400+ graduates annually. The school is in the Ysleta Independent School District. In 1976, Eastwood High School Troopers won the Class 4A (now 6A) State Championship in basketball as the underdog of the state tourney, as of 2015 the feat has yet to be repeated by any other El Paso basketball team.
In 2013 the Texas UIL changed the realignments. As of 2014 Eastwood High School is now in the UIL 6A division and the only 6A high school in the Ysleta Independent School District.
- Reveille - Eastwood's literary magazine
- JROTC - an organization dedicated to developing character in high schools.
- City recognized marching band
- Jazz bands
- Student Council
- State-recognized Speech and Debate
- Drama Club (associated with International Thespian Society)
- String Orchestra
- Youth For Christ
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes - known for its dodgeball tournaments
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) Club
- Number Sense - Eastwood's Math Club
- Astronomy Club
- Art Club
- CB Club
- EHS Skate Club
- Video Technology Club
- Photo Journalism
- Chess Club (Run by Albert Perez)
- Glee Club
- Car Club
- Speech and Debate
- The speech and debate team at Eastwood High School has evolved into a powerhouse, winning sweepstakes awards at numerous Texas Forensics Association Tournaments.
- Army JROTC
- JROTC Honor Guard
- JROTC Armed Drill Team
- JROTC Unarmed Drill Team
- JROTC Cadet Challenge- male& female
- JROTC Color Guard- [male, female & mixed]
- JROTC Orienteering
- JROTC Rifle Team
- Eastwood Varsity Choir (Cavaliers)
- Eastwood Marching Band
- Eastwood Varsity Guitar
- Eastwood Orchestra
- HighQ 
- Musical Theatre
- Cappies Student Critique Program
- UIL Academic Teams - The Eastwood UIL Academic team structure is decentralized, with many coaches for various subjects including History, Current Events, Mathematics, Theatre, and Literature.
- Won the Texas 4A State Championship in 1976
- Cross Country
- Track and field
- Won the Texas State Championship in 1985, 1995, 2011, and 2013. Runners-Up in 1984, 1989, 1994, 2000, 2010, 2012 and 2014.
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Jack Handey - best known for his Deep Thoughts segments on Saturday Night Live.
- Butch Henry - forer Major League pitcher.
- Frank Castillo - former Major League Baseball pitcher.
- Eric Jack (Class of 1990)- former National Football League defensive back. Atlanta Falcons, University of New Mexico
- http://www.tea.state.tx.us/cgi/sas/broker?_service=marykay&_program=adhoc.addispatch.sas&endyear=08&major=st&minor=e&format=w&selsumm=nc&linespg=60&charsln=120&grouping=g&key=071905002[dead link]
- Rudi, Mark (February 4, 2014). "UIL announces district realignment, includes El Paso schools". El Paso Times. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- "High Q Team Homepage". Archived from the original on March 19, 2012. Retrieved February 17, 2012.