Eastwood High School (Ohio)
|Eastwood High School|
4900 Sugar Ridge Road
|School district||Eastwood Local School District|
|Average class size||Roughly 150|
|Hours in school day||7.5|
|School color(s)||Red, white, and Columbia blue|
|Athletics conference||Northern Buckeye Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Newspaper||The Eagle's Eye|
|Communities served||Pemberville, Luckey, Stony Ridge, Sugar Ridge, Dowling, and Dunbridge|
Eastwood High School a public high school located in Troy Township, in between the villages of Pemberville and Luckey in the U.S. State of Ohio. It is the only high school in the Eastwood Local School District, which covers parts of eastern Wood County, and holds grades nine through twelve. The school colors are red, white, and Columbia blue and it competes in the Northern Buckeye Conference for athletics. Eastwood is affiliated with the Penta Career Center.
The high school library is available for use of the students before school and in Academic Assist. It may also be used during a class with the permission of a teacher. The library also serves as the computer lab in the high school. Beginning in the 2007-2008 school year the school district hired a district computer administrator. With the hiring of this individual came a new school network. Students have usernames and passwords to use the computers. They can save homework, papers, and projects to the school network instead of the hard drive.
Eastwood High School has a variety of athletics for its students to participate in. The school's mascot is the American bald eagle. The school was a member of the Suburban Lakes League, but joined the Northern Buckeye Conference in fall 2011 as the SLL dissipated at the end of the spring 2011 season.
- Fall sports: Cheerleading (football), cross country, football, soccer, marching band, volleyball, and golf
- Winter sports: Hockey (club team), basketball, intramurals (basketball), dance team, cheerleading (basketball), swimming (club team), and wrestling
- Spring sports: Track, baseball, and softball
- Boys Baseball – 1939* 
- Girls Volleyball – 1993 
- Girls Bowling - 2009 
- Boys Track and Field - 2009, 2010 
Clubs and organizations
Students have an opportunity to participate in many clubs and organizations.
Students enrolled in Agricultural Education at Eastwood High School are part of the Eastwood Local FFA Chapter. Member participate in various activities and Career Development Events. Members of the Eastwood FFA Chapter also have an opportunity to become Officers.
- "Eastwood I High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "Penta Career Center". Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- "Athletic - Eastwood Local Schools". www.eastwoodschools.org. Retrieved 2019-01-07.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Archived from the original on 2007-03-08. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "FFA Officers - Eastwood Agricultural Education and FFA". sites.google.com. Retrieved 2015-12-04.