Eastwood railway station
Southbound view from Platform 3 in November 2011
|Location||West Parade, Eastwood|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||21.39 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Opened||17 September 1886|
Eastwood railway station is located on the Main Northern line, serving the Sydney suburb of Eastwood. It is served by Sydney Trains T1 Northern Line and NSW TrainLink Central Coast & Newcastle Line services.
The station opened as Dundas on 17 September 1886 on the single track line. It was renamed Eastwood on 1 September 1887. The line through Eastwood was subsequently duplicated and has since been quadruplicated. In 2004, the platforms were extended towards Epping to allow 8-car Intercity trains to service the platforms.
The station subway is accessible by non-paying members of the public, although this was separated from the station concourse by a fence. In February 2007, the fence was removed to allow construction of smartcard readers for the Tcard system.
In March 2006 it was revealed, that asbestos fibre had been disturbed by contractors installing cabling for the Tcard project in the roof of the ticketing office at the station. The station offices were temporarily closed and replaced by a temporary booking office in the station carpark.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central|||
|2||services to services to Hornsby via Strathfield, North Sydney & Gordon|||
|3||services to Epping|||
|services to Gosford, Wyong & Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|4||services to Gosford, Wyong & Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
Sydney Buses operate nine routes via Eastwood station:
- 515: to Circular Quay via Victoria Road
- 521: to Parramatta station
- 541: to Epping station
- 543: to West Ryde station
- 544: Macquarie Centre to Auburn station
- 545: Chatswood station to Parramatta station
- 550: Chatswood station to Parramatta station
- 551: to Marsfield
- X15: to Circular Quay via Victoria Road
- Eastwood Station" NSWrail.net
- Asbestos scare spreads to city rail station Sydney Morning Herald 9 March 2006
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 5 January 2015.
- "T1: Northern line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- "Routes 515 and X15 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 8 August 2010 [Reprinted September 2014].
- "Routes 521, 523, 524 and 541 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 7 June 2015.
- "Routes 540, 543 and 544 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 20 October 2013.
- "Routes 545 and 550 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 20 October 2013.
- "Route 551 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 11 October 2009.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW