Eastwood railway station
Southbound view from Platform 3 in November 2011
|Location||West Parade, Eastwood|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||21.39 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||17 September 1886|
|Passengers (2013)||6,860 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Eastwood railway station is located on the Main Northern line, serving the Sydney suburb of Eastwood. It is served by Sydney Trains T9 Northern Line. As of 30 September 2018, Central Coast & Newcastle Line trains no longer stop at this station.
The station opened as Dundas on 17 September 1886 on the single track line. It was renamed Eastwood on 1 September 1887. The line through Eastwood was subsequently duplicated and has since been quadruplicated. In 2004, the platforms were extended towards Epping to allow 8-car Intercity trains to service the platforms.
The station subway is accessible by non-paying members of the public, although this was separated from the station concourse by a fence. In February 2007, the fence was removed to allow construction of smartcard readers for the Tcard system.
In March 2006 it was revealed, that asbestos fibre had been disturbed by contractors installing cabling for the Tcard project in the roof of the ticketing office at the station. The station offices were temporarily closed and replaced by a temporary booking office in the station carpark.
Platforms & services
|1||Services to Central|||
|2||Services to Gordon via Strathfield & North Sydney|||
|3||Services to Epping & Hornsby
Terminating services, returning to Central
|4||Services to Epping & Hornsby|||
State Transit operate eight routes via Eastwood station:
- 515: to Circular Quay via Victoria Road
- 521: to Parramatta station
- 541: to Epping station
- 543: to West Ryde station
- 544: Macquarie Centre to Auburn station
- 545: Macquarie Centre to Parramatta station
- 551: to Marsfield
- X15: to Circular Quay via Victoria Road
Eastwood station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Eastwood Station" NSWrail.net
- Asbestos scare spreads to city rail station Sydney Morning Herald 9 March 2006
- "T9: Northern line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 515". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 521". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 541". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 543". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 544". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 545". Transport for NSW.
- "State Transit route 551". Transport for NSW.
- "N80 Nightride". Transport for NSW.