|Founded||18 May 1988 (as TEA Basel)|
|Commenced operations||23 March 1989|
|Parent company||easyJet plc (49%)|
EasyJet Switzerland SA is a low-cost airline based in Meyrin, Switzerland, operating scheduled flights as an easyJet franchise out of Geneva Cointrin International Airport and Basel-Mulhouse International Airport.
The airline was established on 18 May 1988 as TEA Basel and started operations on 23 March 1989 as part of the TEA group of airlines which provided charter flights from various European destinations. In March 1998, easyJet took a 40% stake in the airline, which began franchise services on 1 April 1999. In 2013, the airline was owned by private investors (51%) and easyJet plc (49%) and had 770 employees.
As of January 2014, the easyJet Switzerland fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|Airbus A319-100||2003||—||In service|
|Airbus A320-200||2009||—||In service|
|Boeing 737–300||1989||2003||Replaced by A319s|
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 23–29 March 2004. 66. "88 Avenue Louis Casai, 1216 Cointrin, Switzerland"
- "Plan de commune." Meyrin. Retrieved on 29 September 2009.
- "NOTIFICATION DE CESSATION D’UNE ENQUETE." Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau. 21 November 2003. Retrieved on 17 February 2012. "EasyJet Switzerland SA, Route de l’Aéroport 5, 1215 Genève"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 76.
- easyJet Switzerland Fleet Swiss Aircraft Registry
- TEA Basel historic fleet at airfleets.net
- easyJet Switzerland fleet list at airfleets.net