Type of site
|Available in||English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic|
|Alexa rank||5,083,814 (April 2014[update])|
A unique feature of Easy Chirp is the ability to tweet a link to an image with alternative text (both short and long descriptions). To date, it is the only Twitter application which provides this service. Lack of alternative text for images is an accessibility problem on Twitter and social media in general.
Easy Chirp received the 2014 FCC Chairman's Award for Advancement in Accessibility, the 2010 AFB Access Award and the 2009 Access IT @web2.0 Award. The website was nominated for "Best API Use" in .net magazine's 2010 Best of the Web awards and nominated in the 2009 and 2010 Blind Bargains Access Awards. Easy Chirp was also the RNIB featured website for December 2011.
- "Easychirp.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Web App "Accessible Twitter" Changes Name to "Easy Chirp"". Web Overhauls. 2011-06-01. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Easy Chirp now provides accessible images for your Tweets". Web Axe. 2014-05-14. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- "Don't Tweet Pictures of Text". Adrian Roselli. 2014-12-21. Retrieved 2014-12-21.
- "Chairman Wheeler Honors Innovators in Accessibility". Federal Communications Commission. 2014-06-09. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- "2010 AFB Access Award". AFB. 2010-03-01. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- "ACCESS-IT – 2009 Winners". ACCESS-IT. 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- "Blind Bargains: 2009 Access Awards Winners and Nominees". Blind Bargains. 2009-01-01. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- "Blind Bargains: 2010 Access Awards Winners and Nominees". Blind Bargains. 2010-01-01. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- "RNIB Featured Website for December 2011". RNIB. 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2011-12-01.