This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Peter Waal|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||94|
David Paperny |
Trevor Hodgson |
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Paperny Entertainment|
|Original network||Food Network Canada|
|Original release||April 6, 2011 – March 24, 2015|
Eat St. is a Canadian reality television series produced by Paperny Entertainment that airs on Food Network Canada and Cooking Channel. Hosted by Canadian comedian James Cunningham, the show tours North America in search of the most inventive meals served from food trucks. To accompany the series, an Eat St. app was developed that uses GPS to track street fare near the user. The series, which premiered April 6, 2011, has filmed in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, as well as a number of cities in the United States.
An Eat St. app for iPhone was released in 2011. It allows users to discover the food trucks in their area, as well as share tips and photos with others on their favourite street food destinations. The Eat St. app has been relaunched from its original version in a new and improved version 2.0. The app has been used by over 300,000 food lovers across North America, allowing them to weigh in on their favourite street eats. It also includes video clips and recipes from vendors that have appeared on the show. Using this app, users can learn about the vendors in their area, and share their experiences with their community as well as tourists. The app is very interactive as vendors can update their location using GPS if available on their smart phones, so their biggest fans can know when they are in the area. The Eat St. app brings food truck fanatics together, and allows them to interact through a shared love. The app is also a prime example of how successful the food truck industry has become, as well as how successful the TV show has been.
Eat St. airs on Food Network Canada Wednesdays at 10 and 10:30 PM ET/PT. The fourth season will begin in 2013.
- Scott, Hilary. Eat St. App Helps You Find the Best Street Food. PC Magazine, April 4, 2011. Accessed June 19, 2012.
- Oliveira, Michael. Canadian show 'Eat St' stops in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto on street truck tour. Calgary Herald, May 8, 2012. Accessed June 19, 2012.
- Paperny Entertainment. (n.d.). Season three press kit [Microsoft Word].
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 25 Tuesday Cable Originals: 1.27.2015". 2 February 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 25 Tuesday Cable Originals: 3.2.2015". 4 February 2015. Archived from the original on 5 February 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2015.