Eaton Township, Lorain County, Ohio
|Eaton Township, Lorain County, Ohio|
Location of Eaton Township in Lorain County
|• Total||23.4 sq mi (60.6 km2)|
|• Land||23.4 sq mi (60.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||791 ft (241 m)|
|• Density||413.6/sq mi (159.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086507|
Located in eastern Lorain County, it borders the following townships and cities:
- North Ridgeville - north
- Olmsted Township, Cuyahoga County - northeast corner
- Columbia Township - east
- Liverpool Township, Medina County - southeast corner
- Grafton Township - south
- LaGrange Township - southwest corner
- Carlisle Township - west
- Elyria - northwest corner
Two municipalities are partially located in Eaton Township: a small corner of Elyria in the northwest, and the majority of Grafton in the south. The census-designated place of Eaton Estates lies in the center of the township.
Name and history
It is the only Eaton Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Lorain County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 14 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.