Ebadollah S. Mahmoodian
He received his Bachelor of Science in 1965 at University of Tehran and his Master's degree in 1968 at Shiraz University. He got a Master's and a PhD degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1971 and 1975, respectively. His thesis advisor were Albert Nijenhuis and Herbert Wilf. He was a professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Sciences Department of Sharif University of Technology since 1983. He co-edited Combinatorics Advances.
Mahmoodian has contributions in graph theory, in particular graph colouring. He has also worked on combinatorial designs, in particular, defining sets, and the relations between all those areas. Mahmoodian is also known for mentoring and research collaborations with Maryam Mirzakhani during her studies at Sharif University.
- "E. S. Mahmoodian". sharif.ir. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Ebadollah Mahmoodian – The Mathematics Genealogy Project". www.genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- Charles J. Colbourn; Ebadollah S. Mahmoodian, eds. (1995). Combinatorics Advances. Mathematics and its Applications, 329. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers Group.
- Mahmoodian, E.S; Naserasr, Reza; Zaker, Manouchehr (1997). "Defining sets in vertex colorings of graphs and latin rectangles". Discrete Mathematics. 167–168: 451–60. doi:10.1016/S0012-365X(96)00247-6.
- "DIMACS – RUTGERS EXPERIMENTAL MATHEMATICS SEMINAR". dimacs.rutgers.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- Mahmoodian, Ebadollah S.; Rezaie, M.; Vatan, F. (March 1987). "Generalization of Venn Diagram" (PDF). Eighteenth Annual Iranian Mathematics Conference. Tehran and Isfahan, Iran. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-05-01. Retrieved 2017-05-01.