Ebadollah S. Mahmoodian
He received his Bachelor of Science in 1965 at University of Tehran and his Master in 1968 at Shiraz University. He got a master and a PhD degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1971 and 1974, respectively. His thesis advisor was Albert Nijenhuis. He is a professor of Mathematics at the Mathematical Sciences Department of Sharif University of Technology since 1983. He co-edited Combinatorics Advances.
Mahmoodian has had contributions in graph theory, in particular graph colouring. He has also worked on combinatorial designs, in particular, defining sets, and the relations between all those areas. Mahmoudian is known for his research collaborations with Maryam Mirzakhani.
- "E. S. Mahmoodian". sharif.ir. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Ebadollah Mahmoodian – The Mathematics Genealogy Project". www.genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- Charles J. Colbourn; Ebadollah S. Mahmoodian, eds. (1995). Combinatorics Advances. Mathematics and its Applications, 329. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers Group.
- Mahmoodian, E.S; Naserasr, Reza; Zaker, Manouchehr (1997). "Defining sets in vertex colorings of graphs and latin rectangles". Discrete Mathematics. 167-168: 451–60. doi:10.1016/S0012-365X(96)00247-6.
- "DIMACS – RUTGERS EXPERIMENTAL MATHEMATICS SEMINAR". dimacs.rutgers.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- Mahmoodian, Ebadollah S.; Rezaie, M.; Vatan, F. (March 1987). "Generalization of Venn Diagram" (PDF). Eighteenth Annual Iranian Mathematics Conference. Tehran and Isfahan, Iran. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2017-05-01. Retrieved 2017-05-01.