|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
V5.0 / November 18, 2015
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Unix, MacOS|
|Type||Rapid Application Development|
|License||Proprietary and Free/Community|
In computing, Ebase Xi is a rapid application development platform developed and distributed by Ebase Technology. Ebase Xi provides a software development framework that combines web browser-based user interface development, business process management and data integration into a single-technology IDE.
The Ebase Xi platform comprises three integrated modules:
- ADP: Agile Development Platform: WYSIWYG development of interactive and data driven web applications
- BPM: Business Process Manager: development of workflow-enabled business processes
- IS: Integration Server: enabling the development and deployment of SOAP web services
Ebase Xi is designed to speed up the delivery of all types of web browser-based software applications. In general this is achieved by 1) abstracting the technical complexity inherent in globally adopted standards for data integration, UI development and business logic processing, and 2) by simplifying application deployment and subsequent scaling in a production environment. Key concepts include:
- Control-based WYSIWYG screen design, supported by property sheets and layout types, allowing sophisticated presentation control without detailed knowledge of CSS, client-side scripting or HTML.
- AJAX-based browser DOM page refresh, i.e. no full page reloads.
- An optional built-in event driven processing language called FPL that enables data integration, navigation, validation and data processing via simple and English-like command verbs, obviating the need for low-level software programming.
- Component-based design methodology enabling a design once, reuse many times development approach.
- Automatic WAI AAA accessibility compliance.
- Automatic multiple language and internationalisation support.
- Deployment Manager for deployment of applications to remote operating environments.
- Support for clustered server deployment and high volume user concurrency.
- Bespoke Intranet and Internet browser application development
- Custom and bespoke software developments
- Mobile browser apps
- Highly interactive single-page web apps
- Commercial software product development
- Offline mobile applications
- Electronic Forms
- Workflow processing and Business Process automation
- SOA and data integration solutions
Agile Development Platform
- WYSIWYG UI development
- Simplified connectivity to databases, Web Services, Email, PDF documents, Java libraries and messaging systems
- Component-based development
- Event driven high level business logic processor
- Extensible integration
- Rich client UI development with API access to server state and automatic high speed DOM-based page refresh
- Externalised security model, single sign-on support
Business Process Manager
- Graphical workflow process designer and test harness
- Human interactive task types with automatic mapping to Xi UI-based applications
- System tasks for automatic data processing and integration
- Optional high level business logic scripting language
- Dynamic process routing
- Customisable interactive task lists
- Customisable process administration dashboards
- Timed escalation events
- Wait for Event process steps
- Parallel work stream processing (splits/joins)
- Multi-version run-time support for long running processes
- External determination of run-time task assignments
- External determination of user security profiles (authorisation)
- Simple process connectivity to databases, Web Services, Email, PDF documents, and messaging systems
- Publication and deployment of Web Services with connectivity to databases, Web Services, Email, PDF documents, and messaging systems
- One-click deployment of Xi applications to remote operating environments, e.g. Cloud servers. Includes support for upgrade processing (such as data loading or database structure changes) and deployment rollback.