|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011)|
|Stable release||V4.5.2 / May 14th, 2014|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Unix|
|Type||Rapid Application Development|
|License||Proprietary and Free/Community|
In computing, Ebase Xi is a rapid application development platform developed and distributed by Ebase Technology. Ebase Xi provides a software development framework that combines web browser-based user interface development, business process management and data integration into a single-technology IDE.
The Ebase Xi platform comprises three integrated modules:
- ADP: Agile Development Platform: WYSIWYG development of interactive and data driven web applications
- BPM: Business Process Manager: development of workflow-enabled business processes
- IS: Integration Server: enabling the development and deployment of web services
Ebase Xi is designed to provide functionality that simplifies and speeds-up the software application development process. In general this is delivered by abstracting the technical complexity inherent in globally adopted standards for data integration, UI development and business logic processing. For example:
- Control-based WYSIWYG screen design, supported by property sheets and layout types, allowing sophisticated presentation control without detailed knowledge of CSS, client-side scripting or HTML.
- Support for jQuery events and plug-ins.
- AJAX-based page refresh.
- A built-in event driven processing language called FPL that enables data integration, navigation, validation and data processing via simple and English-like command verbs, obviating the need for low-level software programming.
- Component-based design methodology enabling a design once reuse many times development approach.
- Automatic WAI AAA accessibility compliance.
- Automatic multiple language and internationalisation support.
- Electronic Forms
- Bespoke Intranet and Internet project development
- Commercial software product development
- Workflow processing
- SOA and data integration solutions
Agile Development Platform
- WYSIWYG UI development
- Simple connectivity to databases, Web Services, Email, PDF documents, and messaging systems
- Component-based development
- Event driven high level business logic processor
- Extensible integration
- Externalised security model, single sign-on support
Business Process Manager
- Graphical workflow process designer and test harness
- Human interactive task types with automatic mapping to Xi UI-based applications
- System tasks for automatic data processing and integration
- High level business logic processor
- Dynamic process routing
- Customisable interactive task lists
- Customisable process administration dashboards
- Timed escalation events
- Wait for Event process steps
- Parallel work stream processing (splits/joins)
- External determination of run-time task assignments
- External determination of user security profiles (authorisation)
- Simple process connectivity to databases, Web Services, Email, PDF documents, and messaging systems
- Publication and deployment of Web Services with connectivity to databases, Web Services, Email, PDF documents, and messaging systems