This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ebuka at the 2014 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards
July 14, 1982
|Education||University of Abuja and American University|
|Occupation||Lawyer and Media Personality|
Chukwuebuka Obi-Uchendu (born July 14, 1982) is a Nigerian lawyer and media personality from Okija in Anambra State, Nigeria. He is known for hosting the reality show Big Brother Naija, the long running Rubbin' Minds talk show on Channels TV as well as co-hosting The Spot and Men's Corner on Ebonylife Television.
Obi-Uchendu has received several award nominations and won the award for Outstanding TV Presenter of the Year at the Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards for his work on Rubbin' Minds.
Early life and education
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Born in Benin City, Edo State to a banker father and a mum who is a nurse, he is the third of four children with an elder sister as well as one older and younger brother. He went through with his nursery and primary education in the mid-western Nigerian city of Benin, remarkably passing the Common Entrance Examination into secondary school from Primary Four. He subsequently moved to the capital city of Abuja with his family.
He had his secondary education at Christ The King College Abuja, graduating in 1997, before getting his university education at the University of Abuja, up until 2004. He proceeded to the Nigerian Law School Bwari, Abuja finishing in 2005 and then returned to school after a 5-year working gap, graduating in December 2010 from the Washington College of Law of the American University Washington DC, with Master of Laws degree specializations in Intellectual Property as well as Communications law from the Law and Government program.
Big Brother and beyond
In 2006, he went in as one of an eventual 14 housemates on the first season of the popular reality show Big Brother Nigeria, finishing in eighth place. To date, he is one of the most visibly successful BBN 2006 cast members. In January 2017, he was announced as the host of the second season of Big Brother Naija as well as the third season.
After the reality show in 2006, he signed endorsement deals with a major telecommunications brand as well as a popular brewing company and as such hosted Friend or Foe on NTA, the GLO Show, also on NTA, as well as Guinness' Greatness TV. He also maintained a weekly column called Contrast with a Nigerian national daily newspaper, Thisday for upwards of 4 years and has written for other publications including What's New & Ace Magazines.
In the run up to the 2011 general elections in Nigeria, he hosted the first ever presidential debate focused on youth issues, which was broadcast live across Nigeria. He also freelances as an MC for events
He has gone on to be a contributor to several online publications including the Y! FrontPage on the youth oriented YNaija, general lifestyle inclined 360Nobs, Breaking Times which deals mostly with current affairs, and StyleVitae a fashion and style portal.
Rubbin Minds & EbonyLife TV
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2013, producers of Rubbin’ Minds, the popular TV talk-show for young Nigerians, announced that Ebuka Obi-Uchendu would be the new host of the show.
Also in 2013, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu became one of the co-hosts of The Spot, showing on EbonyLife TV on DSTV channel 165 alongside Lamide Akintobi and Zainab Balogun. The show airs every weekday across 48 African countries.
In July 2014, he joined Arit Okpo as a co-host on the new chat show Naija Politics. The show which has panelists discussing politics in Nigeria, airs every week on EbonyLifeTV.
In July 2016, he became the host of Men's Corner, Nigeria's first all male TV talk show.
|Big Brother Nigeria||Reality TV Series||2006||Himself||Finished 8th out of 14|
Awards and recognition
He was nominated in the On-Air Personality category of The Future Awards for 2007 and 2008 consecutively. As well as Outstanding TV Presenter of the Year (Male) at the Nigerian Broadcaster's Merit Awards in 2013, 2014 and 2015 which he won.
In 2011, he was selected as a Global Shaper - an exclusive group of young emerging leaders across the world - with the World Economic Forum.
In 2013, he was honored by the Federal Government as one of the Best 100 Young Nigerians in one of the events to mark Nigeria's 100th anniversary as a union.
On April 15, 2015 Ebuka got engaged  to HR manager, Cynthia Obianodo in Lagos. They got married on February 6, 2016 in Abuja. On the 8th of November 2016, they welcomed a daughter. In 2018 they announced they were expecting another child via Instagram 
- Ebuka The Don http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2762200434&frmid=934&msgid=675705&cmd=show
- Amebor Website http://amebor.com/minding-ebuka-obi-uchendus/
- BellaNaija http://bellanaija.blogspot.com/2006/11/bellanaija-hot-list.html
- NaijaRules http://www.naijarules.com/vb/nollywood-movies-tv-shows/19214-friend-foe-adds-more-fun-television.html
- Naija News http://www.mynaijanews.com/content/view/419/81/
- The Sun http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showtime/2007/mar/23/showtime-23-03-2007-003.htm
- Click on Glitterati http://www.thisdayonline.com/
- "NnekaTV". YouTube. 2011-03-25. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- Naija News http://www.mynaijanews.com/content/view/442/81
- "TV TAKEOVER: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Joins EbonyLife TV with Lamide Akintobi & Zainab Balogun". 360Nobs.com. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "NOMINEES LIST FOR 2007 | The Future Africa - Inspiring Leadership, Building Enterprise | Nigeria's Biggest Youth Event". Thefuturenigeria.com. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "NOMINEES LIST FOR 2008 | The Future Africa - Inspiring Leadership, Building Enterprise | Nigeria's Biggest Youth Event". Thefuturenigeria.com. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "Ebuka Obi-Uchendu & Cynthia Obianodo are Engaged!". BellaNaija. Retrieved 6 November 2015.