(Redirected from Eccentric)
|Look up eccentric or eccentricity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Eccentricity or eccentric may refer to:
- Eccentricity (behavior), odd behavior on the part of a person, as opposed to being "normal"
Science and technology
- Orbital eccentricity, in astrodynamics, a measure of the non-circularity of an orbit
- Eccentric anomaly, the angle between the direction of periapsis and the current position of an object on its orbit
- Eccentricity vector, in celestial mechanics, a dimensionless vector with direction pointing from apoapsis to periapsis
- Eccentric, a type of deferent, a circle or sphere used in obsolete epicyclical systems to carry a planet around the Earth or Sun
- Off-center, in geometry
- Eccentricity (graph theory) of a vertex in a graph
- Eccentricity (mathematics), a parameter associated with every conic section
- Eccentric (mechanism), a wheel that rotates on an axle that is displaced from the focus of the circle described by the wheel
- Horizontal eccentricity, in vision, degrees of visual angle from the center of the eye
- Eccentric contraction, the lengthening of muscle fibers
- Eccentric position of a surveying tripod, to be able to measure hidden points
- Eccentric training, the motion of an active muscle while it is lengthening under load
- Eccentric Club, a London gentlemen's club
- All pages beginning with "eccentric"
- All pages with a title containing eccentric*
- Acentric (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Eccentricity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.