D.F.Cutler & Airy Shaw,
The APG II system, in 2003 (unchanged from the APG system, 1998), does recognize such a family, and assigns it to the order Poales in the clade commelinids, in the monocots. Three species in two genera, Ecdeiocolea and Georgeantha, both endemic to Southwest Australia, have been described to date.
- Angiosperm Phylogeny Group (2009). "An update of the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group classification for the orders and families of flowering plants: APG III" (PDF). Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society. 161 (2): 105–121. doi:10.1111/j.1095-8339.2009.00996.x. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Christenhusz, M. J. M.; Byng, J. W. (2016). "The number of known plants species in the world and its annual increase". Phytotaxa. Magnolia Press. 261 (3): 201–217. doi:10.11646/phytotaxa.261.3.1.
- Kew World Checklist of Selected Plant Families
- Briggs, Barbara. "A new close relative of the grasses - the third species of Ecdeiocoleaceae". Retrieved 10 August 2010.
- B.G.Briggs, Telopea 13: 70 (2011).
- Ecdeiocoleaceae in L. Watson and M.J. Dallwitz (1992 onwards). The families of flowering plants: descriptions, illustrations, identification, information retrieval. Version: 27 April 2006. https://web.archive.org/web/20070103200438/http://delta-intkey.com/.
|This Poales-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Western Australian plant article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|