This article does not cite any sources. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Nakanogō-chō, Fukui, Fukui
|Operated by||Echizen Railway|
|Line(s)||Katsuyama Eiheiji Line|
|Previous names||Shimabashi (until 1934)|
All Katsuyama Eiheiji Line trains serve Echizen-Shimabashi Station. Two tracks serve a single island platform, and the station is unstaffed.
- The station is on the edge of a cluster of homes but otherwise is surrounded by fields.
- The Hokuriku Expressway passes overhead to the east, with the Fukui-Kita interchange to the south. However, access to the station from the expressway is difficult and not recommended.
- Other points of interest include:
- National Route 416
- University of Fukui, Main Campus (1 km north)
- February 11, 1919: Shimabashi Station (島橋駅) opens.
- By 1934: Shimabashi Station renamed to Echizen-Shimabashi Station.
- June 25, 2001: Operations halted due to accident on the Echizen Main Line.
- July 20, 2003: Station reopens as an Echizen Railway station.
|This Fukui Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|