This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||June 29, 1993East Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S.in|
|Marc Ecko (CCO)|
|Parent||Iconix Brand Group|
Yakira, L.L.C., doing business as Ecko Unlimited (stylized as Eckō Unltd.), is an American urban fashion company founded by Marc Ecko in 1993. The company makes apparel and accessories under brands including the men's Ecko Unltd. line and the Ecko Red line for girls and women. It is headquartered in South River, New Jersey. The company's products have been popular since the late 1990s; they were originally associated with hip-hop and skating culture, and moved into the mainstream urban culture in the early 2000s. It is most often associated with hip hop. The style is based on graffiti art. Its brand features a rhino as its logo.
Marc Ecko began selling graffiti-style t-shirts in the mid 1980s, and then founded his clothing brand, Ecko Unlimited, in 1993, with investments from his twin sister, Marci, and friend, Seth Gerszberg. In 2009, Ecko Unlimited had over $1 billion in global revenue and was the largest brand in streetwear.
- Plunkett, Jack W. (2008). Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2008. Plunkett Research, Ltd. ISBN 1593921101.
- Walker, Rob (July 10, 2005). "Cul-de-Sac Cred". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Young, Vicki M. (April 4, 2014). "Former Ecko Unltd. Licensee in Bankruptcy". Women's Wear Daily. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Lubow, Arthur (March 1, 2009). ""It's Going to Be Big"". Inc. Mansueto Ventures. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
- Dolgetta, Maria (May 24, 2013). "Iconix Acquires The Remaining 49% Interest In Ecko Unltd., and Marc Ecko Cut & Sew". PR Newswire. PR Newswire Association. Retrieved November 22, 2016.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|