Eclipse (software suite)
|Developer(s)||Sapienza Consulting Ltd.|
|Initial release||December 2009|
4.1 / 23 August 2016
|Operating system||RHEL ES, CentOS 5, Solaris 10,|
ECLIPSE (ECSS Compliant Toolset for Information and Projects Support of Enterprises in Space) is a suite of software applications, intended for use by aerospace project and mission teams in managing their CM/QA/PA/PM activities.
The ECLIPSE developer says that ECLIPSE provides to its users a straightforward path to compliance with ECSS standards.
ECLIPSE was formally introduced to members of the aerospace industry at the following events:
- International Space System Engineering Conference, 1 to 4 June 2010, Budapest, Hungary 
- ESA Knowledge Management Conference, 21 to 23 June 2010, European Space Operations Centre (ESOC), Darmstadt, Germany 
ECLIPSE supports the following activities:
- Document Management
- Configuration Management
- Action Management
- Risk Management
- Non-Conformance Management
- Quality Assurance
- Product Assurance
- Project Management
- Knowledge Management
- Technology Management
ECLIPSE contains the following modules:
|AIM||Action Items Manager||Create and track progress of action items
Repository for actions created by other ECLIPSE modules (e.g. DCCM and eRID)
|DAB||Database Application Builder||Support most business processes of Managerial, Financial, Contractual or Engineering nature|
|DASH||Dashboard Manager||Upload and administer dashboard reports|
|DCCM||Document Configuration and Change Management||Review, approve, configure and distribute documents|
|EEE||Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical Database||Manage EEE parts|
|ICMDB||Industry Capability Mapping Database||Manage information about organisations, their product and services against specific technology and competence requirements
Record and track supplier capabilities, including key performance indicators (KPIs) of products and services.
|JAIL||Java Authentication Interface LDAP||Centralised user authentication and management across all ECLIPSE modules|
|MyECLIPSE||My ECLIPSE||Management of personalised document distribution groups|
|eNCTS||Nonconformance (NC) Tracking System||Using a product tree structure, identify, progress and close nonconformances
Share NC data with other organisation’s NC tools, via XML Interface.
|PAM||Project Administration Module||Manage user accounts, profiles, and permissions|
|eRID||Review Items of Discrepancy||Prepare, configure, manage and control project and mission documentation reviews.|
|eRISK||Risk Management||Identify and assess risks.|
- "IT for Space Systems: A Project-Oriented View of IT in Space Projects" (PDF). BCS. 2010-04-28. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "International Space System Engineering Conference". DASIA 2010.
- "ESA Knowledge Management Conference 2010". ESA. 2010-06-23. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "ECLIPSE Software Toolset". Sapienza. 2010-06-21. Retrieved 2011-06-22.
- "More space projects using ESA non-conformance tracking tool". ESA.
- "Sapienza Consulting releases the ECLIPSE software suite to the space Market". Sapienza. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- "ECLIPSE Software Suite Release". KTN. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- "ECSS-M-ST-10C Rev.1 - Project planning and implementation". ECSS 2012.
- "ECSS-Q-ST-60C - Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical (EEE) Components". ECSS 2012.
- "ECSS-Q-ST-10-09C - Nonconformance control system". ECSS 2012.
- "ECSS-M-ST-10-01C - Organization and conduct of reviews". ECSS 2012.
- "ECSS-M-ST-80C – Risk Management". ECSS 2012.