Eclipse (video game)
The second chapter in the game, Blackmoor.
|Release date(s)||Jun 17th, 2005 |
Eclipse is a mod for the video game Half-Life 2. It is a fantasy-themed action-adventure viewed in third-person. Eclipse was developed by CelTech Studios, a group of students from The Guildhall at SMU and released June 17, 2005.
Eclipse is a third-person total conversion of Valve's Half-Life 2. Eclipse is an action/adventure game featuring puzzles and combat. The player plays a character named Violet, a young sorceress with telekinetic abilities. This ability allows Violet to pick up and throw objects; this is what the player uses to fight. Violet eventually learns new abilities like Hellstorm, an ability to summon up to three "Fairy Orbs" which can cause significant damage.
Eclipse received the ModDB 2005 Editor's Choice award for released mods from Mod DB. ModDB highlighted an interesting telekinesis-based combat, gorgeous visuals, excellent level design, and original soundtrack.
- "Eclipse Mod for Half-Life 2 Eclipse Available for Download news - Mod DB". Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- "Mods of 2005" (Page 5). ModDB. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- "Enter the Guildhall". 1up. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- 1up.com - Guildhall Projects
- Gametrailers.com - Video Interview
- steampowered.com - weekly update
- Mod DB - Features
- Independent Games Festival - Finalists: 2006 IGF Modding Competition
|This action-adventure game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|