||It has been suggested that this article be merged into RWS Group. (Discuss) Proposed since April 2013.|
|Headquarters||Alnwick, Northumberland, U.K.|
|Andrew Brode, Chairman|
Number of employees
Eclipse Translations is a UK-based provider of language services, founded in 1996.
History and Overview
The company, Eclipse Translations Ltd, was formed in December 1996 and has been a wholly owned subsidiary of RWS Holdings plc since 2005. Eclipse operates as a Limited Company within the RWS Group.
Eclipse Translations Ltd is a professional translation company based in Alnwick, Northumberland in the North East of England. The RWS Group has over 450 employees at various locations in Europe, USA, China and Japan.
Eclipse has been accredited to the ISO 9001 quality standard since 1998 and is also an accredited Investor in People. Eclipse is also member of the Association of Translation Companies (ATC)  and the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)  and NECC.
- Translation: the principal area of activity is translation. Eclipse services contracts with a number of government agencies, large corporate clients and SMEs both locally and throughout The Americas and Europe. Eclipse translates into over 200 language combinations
- Interpretation: Eclipse provides face to face, conference, video and telephone interpretation services in areas such as business, social, medical, court and police
- Localisation of software, documentation and website (SEO optimization)
- Language training solution incorporating a long-term strategy of language training provision and business culture training
- Other communication support services such as Braille, BSL etc.
- Eclipse winner of the Regional Final of the NE Business Awards 2007 in the Services category 
- RWS Group Winner of the Queen’s Award for International Trade in 1987, 1994 and 2004 and 2009 
- Eclipse Translations Ltd sponsor of the Northumberland Coastal Run