|Part of a series on|
|Part of a series on|
Eco-capitalism, also known as environmental capitalism or green capitalism, is the view that capital exists in nature as "natural capital" (ecosystems that have ecological yield) on which all wealth depends, and therefore, market-based government policy instruments (such as cap and trade systems) should be used to resolve environmental problems.
Transition to Eco-capitalism
- Full cost accounting for ecological harms done by subsidies
- Genuine Progress Indicators as basis of monetary reform
- Pollution credits to encourage businesses to adopt anti-pollution technologies
Criticisms of Eco-capitalism
A common criticism of Eco-capitalsim is that capitalism can never be sustainable because it is a "greed driven system". Eco-capitalists respond to this by claiming that it is in everyone's economic interest to conserve the environment.
- Blue-green alliance
- Business model
- Ecological economics
- Enviro-Capitalists: Doing Good While Doing Well
- Environmental economics
- Ethical consumerism
- Free-market environmentalism
- Green economy
- Green growth
- Green libertarianism
- Natural Capitalism
- Natural resource economics
- Pigovian tax
- Sustainable business
- Tax shift
- Tragedy of the anticommons
- Tragedy of the commons
- Chapple, Stephen (2001) Confessions of an Eco-Redneck: Or how I Learned to Gut-Shoot Trout and Save the Wilderness at the Same Time. Perseus Publishing. ISBN 0-641-54292-5
- Comolet, A. (1991) "Le Renouveau ecologique. De l'eco-utopie a l'eco-capitalisme" [The Ecological Renewal. From Eco-Utopia to Eco-Capitalism], Futuribles, 157(Sept.), 41-54.
- d'Humières, Patrick (2010) Le développement durable va-t-il tuer le capitalisme? Editions Maxima
- Lovins, Amory B & Hunter L (1997) Factor Four. Doubling Wealth - Halving Resource Use, with Ernst von Weizacker. Earthscan Publications Ltd, London
- Sarkar, Saral (1999) Eco-Socialism Or Eco-Capitalism? A Critical Analysis of Humanity's Fundamental Choices
- Porritt, Jonathon (2005, revised 2007) Capitalism: As if the World Matters. Earthscan Publications Ltd, London. ISBN 978-1-84407-193-7
- "Definition of Eco-Capitalism". collinsdictionary.com. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "The rise of green capitalism". roadtoparis.info. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- Juniper, Tony. "Capitalism v environment: can greed ever be green?". theguardian.com. Retrieved 27 November 2015.