|Headquarters||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
Managing Director (Ivorien)
|Products||Loans, savings, investments, debit and credit cards, mortgages|
|Total assets||US$8.1 billion (NGN:1.32 trillion) (2011)|
Ecobank Nigeria Plc, commonly referred to as Ecobank Nigeria, is a commercial bank in Nigeria. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the national banking regulator.
The bank began operations in 1986. It operates as a universal bank, providing wholesale, retail, corporate, investment and transaction banking services to its customers in the Nigerian market. The bank divides its operations into three major divisions: (a) Retail Banking (b) Wholesale Banking and (c) Treasury & Financial Institutions. The bank also offers capital markets and investment banking services. During the fourth quarter of 2011, Ecobank Nigeria acquired 100% of the shareholding in Oceanic Bank, creating the expanded Ecobank Nigeria Plc. As of December 2011[update], the expanded Ecobank Nigeria controlled total assets valued at approximately US$8.1 billion (NGN:1.32 trillion), making it one of the five largest banks in Nigeria at the time. At that time the bank had 610 free-standing branches, making it the second-largest bank in the country by branch network.
Ecobank Nigeria is a member of Ecobank, the leading independent pan-African bank, headquartered in Lomé, Togo, with affiliates in West, Central and East Africa. Ecobank, which was established in 1985, has grown to a network of over 1,000 branches, employing over 10,000 people, with offices in 32 countries including Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, the Republic of Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Malawi, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Ecobank also maintains a banking subsidiary in Paris and representative offices in Johannesburg, Dubai and London.
- Ecobank Development Corporation (EDC) – Lomé, Togo
- EDC Investment Corporation – Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- EDC Investment Corporation – Douala, Cameroon
- EDC Securities Limited – Lagos, Nigeria
- EDC Stockbrokers Limited – Accra, Ghana
- Ecobank Asset Management – Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- e-Process International SA – Lomé, Togo
- ECV Servicios – Praia, Cape Verde
- Ecobank Transnational
- List of banks in Nigeria
- Economy of Nigeria
- Ecobank Ghana
- Ecobank Uganda
- Ecobank Zimbabwe
- List of banks in Africa
- Website of Ecobank Transnational Inc.
- List of Banks in Nigeria and how they are rated
- Ecobank Involved In Oil & Gas Sector Financing
- Market Summary Page
- Profile Page
- "Ecobank Nigeria Founded In 1986". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Nigeria". Cbn.gov.ng. 7 January 1959. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Overview of Ecobank Nigeeria Plc". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Ecobank Nigeria Acquires Oceanic Bank". Allafrica.com. 24 December 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Ecobank Nigeria's Total Assets Over NGN:1.32 Trillion". Allafrica.com. 27 December 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- Ecobank Nigeria With 610 Branches In December 2011
- "The Ecobank Network". Ecobank.com. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "Ecobank Has Banking Presence In Africa, Europe & The Middle East". Businessdailyafrica.com. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- Ecobank Subsidiaries[dead link]
- "Ecobank Shareholding & Investment Matters". Ecobank.com. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Ecobank Nigeria With Over 600 Branches". Allafrica.com. 2 January 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2011.