ESC Rennes School of Business
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Global Responsible Pioneers | Act The World|
|Dean||Dr. Olivier Aptel|
|83 (34 nationalities)|
|Students||4 330 (50% International)|
|Location||Rennes (Brittany, France)|
Rennes School of Business formerly École Supérieure de Commerce de Rennes is a French business school located in Rennes, the capital of Brittany, founded in 1990 by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Rennes. ESC Rennes is a Grande École.
Rennes School of Business is distinguished by its global outlook, international student body and international faculty. In addition to its Master in Management, the school awards diplomas in management such as: International Bachelor, Master of Arts, 15 Masters of Science, MBA, Executive MBA and PhD (in collaboration with the University College Dublin and the University of Amsterdam (dual-degree PhD). The school also offers the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree.
ESC Rennes, founded in 1990, is a research-based business school based in Rennes, Brittany, France. Based on its student body and faculty composition, Rennes School of Business is the most internationally attended Grande École de Commerce in France: 50% of the students on campus and 85% of the faculty members (34 nationalities) come from outside France. The mission of the school is "to prepare, through education and research, innovative and responsible managers to perform in a global environment". Through activities including team assignments and mandatory international internships, students are trained to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. A great majority of the courses are taught in English.
The school is accredited by The French Ministry of Education (French: Le Ministère de L'éducation Nationale), The European Foundation for Management Development (EQUIS), The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), and the Association of MBAs (AMBA),.
In 2016, Rennes School of Business ranks 35th among the top 90 programmes in Management Worldwide. The Master in International Finance of Rennes School of Business is ranked no. 45 worldwide and no 9 in France in the FT ranking 2016.
In 2015, in the French magazine « Le Point » ranking, the Programme Grande École (master of management) of Rennes School of Business ranked 10th out of 36 French high level business schools.
In the magazine l’Etudiant ranking, le programme Grande Ecole (master of management) is ranked 7th/36 for the criteria “Academic excellence & Quality labels”, 1st ex-aequo/36 for the “International openness & Going abroad” criteria and second in the “International excellence and High level international agreements” criteria.
A key feature of the Rennes School of Business is its commitment to providing and growing a range of specialist Masters’ programmes which prepare graduates for rewarding international business careers. Rennes School of business offers Masters of Science (MSc) and Master of Arts degrees also for holders of non-French bachelors.
- Master of Arts in International Business
- 15 Masters of Science: MSc in International Accounting, Management Control & Auditing ; MSc in International Finance ; MSc International Financial Markets Analysis ; MSc in International Marketing ; MSc in International Luxury & Brand Management ; MSc in Digital Marketing & Communication ; MSc in Supply Chain Management ; MSc in Global Business Management ; MSc in International Business Negotiation ; MSc in International Human Resource Management ; MSc in Sports, Leisure & Tourism Management ; MSc in Sustainable Management & Eco-innovation ; MSc in Innovation & Entrepreneurship ; MSc in Creative Project Management, Culture & Design ; MSc in International Management).
- PhD (full-time programs in Rennes, France, in cooperation with University College Dublin and the University of Amsterdam)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) (part-time program for executives in China, Brazil and France). This programme is organized in cooperation with the School of Economics and Management at Beijing University of Post and Telecommunications in China and (as a pre-DBA) with Fundação Getulio Vargas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- MBA with 6 majors: Advanced Finance; Corporate social responsibility; Innovation & entrepreneurship; Agrofood business; Digital marketing; Supply Chain Management.
Commitment to Research
Rennes School of Business has a strong commitment for providing high quality research on an international level. In terms of research output, which is in France measured by the ratio of publications in CNRS listed journals per professor, Rennes School of Business is ranked 5th in the “2016 Ranking in Research in management of the French journal EducPros”. The EducPros ranking identifies French business schools that have published most articles in Category 1 and 1 * journals.
Rennes offers the following research programs:
- MPhil and PhD (full-time programs in Rennes, France, in cooperation with University College Dublin and the University of Amsterdam)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) (part-time program for executives in China, Brazil and France)
The Global DBA program is organized in cooperation with the School of Economics and Management at Beijing University of Post and Telecommunications in China and (as a pre-DBA) with Fundação Getulio Vargas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Rennes School of Business has 3 research centers carrying out academic research in partnership with companies.
- Center for Responsible Business
- Center of Technology and Innovation Management
- Center of Research in Supply Chain and Operations Management
- In 2016, 50% of the 4 330 students are international.
The school has a network of more than 260 overseas partner universities on five continents. The school offers the opportunity to obtain double diplomas with 20 exchange destinations.
- 85% professors and 50% of students of non-French origin
- 70 nationalities represented on the campus
- 100% of courses taught in English in the programmes
- 15 MSc programmes are also taught entirely in English
The Association was founded by a group of ESC Rennes alumni. The association works in close partnership with Rennes School of Business and international companies to provide services to the global Rennes School of Business alumni community. In 2016, the alumni network totalizes about 11000 members, 8000 graduated students living in more than 80 countries.
- "ESC Rennes School of Business". http://www.ecoles2commerce.com. External link in
- "ESC Rennes School of Business". http://www.masterstudies.com. External link in
- "ESC Rennes School of Business". http://www.mastersportal.eu. External link in
- "ESC Rennes: l'école qui monte". http://orientation.blog.lemonde.fr. 15 December 2012. External link in
- "ESC Rennes". http://www.lepoint.fr. External link in
- "ESC Rennes Passerelle". http://www.passerelle-esc.com. External link in