Green Ecologist Party (Chile)
|Leader||Félix González Gatica|
|Founded||January 21, 2008|
|Headquarters||O'Higgins N°1104, Concepción, Chile|
|Coalition||New Constitution for Chile|
|Membership (2009)||2,605 (12th)|
|International affiliation||Global Greens|
It is the first Chilean ecologist political party legalized after the disappearance of The Greens (1987-2001) and Environmentalist Movement (1993-1994), the first officially affiliated with the Global Greens.
It participated in the municipal elections of 2008 in an alliance («For a clean Chile») with the Independent Regionalist Party (PRI) and ChileFirst (CH1) movement. It managed to choose 1 councilor as an independent in the municipality of San Pedro de La Paz. In the parliamentary elections the following year it formed the New Majority for Chile pact with the Humanist Party and supported the presidential candidacy of Marco Enríquez-Ominami. In the municipal elections of 2012 it joined Change for You in conjunction with the Progressive Party.
For the presidential election of 2013, and after carrying out a process of internal primary among its members, proclaimed as presidential candidate to the economist Alfredo Sfeir, who obtained 2.35% of the vote. In parliamentary and regional councilors elections that same year participated in coalition with the Equality Party by New Constitution for Chile pact. No deputies or senators won, but won the election of Felix Gonzalez as regional councilor of the Province of Concepción.
Before the elections of 2013, the community was legalized by the name of Green Ecologist Party of North in three regions of northern Chile. Both the Green Ecologist Party North as the Green Party itself did not reach 5% of the votes, and for that reason they were dissolved by the Electoral Service. Given this, both parties decided to merge, in a process that was completed on April 15, 2014.
The following is a list of the presidential candidates supported by the Green Ecologist Party. (Information gathered from the Archive of Chilean Elections).
- Estadistica de cantidad de afiliados a partidos politicos, al 14/08/2009
- "Vegano de 65 años luchará por llegar a La Moneda: Apuesta por el desarrollo sustentable a todo nivel". Biobiochile.cl (in Spanish). 18 April 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Partidos Igualdad y Ecologista Verde se unen en pacto electoral". Cooperativa.cl (in Spanish). 4 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Electoral Service of Chile. "Partido Ecologista Verde del Norte". Servicio Electoral de Chile (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Emol (17 February 2014). "Diez partidos políticos serán disueltos por no alcanzar el 5% mínimo de votos que exige la ley" (in Spanish). Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Partidos con menos del 5% se juegan su permanencia". La Tercera (in Spanish). 25 December 2013. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- Servicio Electoral de Chile (15 April 2014). "Informa constitución de nuevo partido". LeyChile.cl (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 June 2014.
|This article about a Chilean political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a green political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|