|Founded||15 June 2004(party), 27 February 2014 (Economic Development), 5 June 2015 (merger)|
|Colours||Yellow and blue|
23 / 450
1,733 / 158,399
Revival (Ukrainian: «Відродження», the name can also be translated as Renaissance) is a political party in Ukraine established in June 2004 by Heorhiy Kirpa. In December of the same year Kirpa died from a gun wound (officially suicide). The party never gained parliamentary seats in national elections.
The party was registered at the Ministry of Justice on 15 June 2004 and its chairman was then Minister of Transportation and Communication and director of Ukrzaliznytsia Heorhiy Kirpa. The party supported Viktor Yanukovych during the 2004 Ukrainian presidential election. Kirpa was found dead on 27 December 2004. Early next month the police concluded he had killed himself.
During the 2006 Ukrainian parliamentary elections the party scored 0.96%, finishing 12th out of 45 participants, and did not gain any parliamentary seats. The party did not participate in the 2007 Ukrainian parliamentary elections and the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary elections.
Initially accounted for 33 deputies, the group included 41 MPs by the end of the seventh parliamentary convocation. Most of them had shortly before been a member of the Party of Regions faction, and many retained their membership within the Party. Kinakh claimed to have created the faction to restart the negotiations with the European Union on the Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement and its Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement.
On its second day the faction with 250 other MPs sign up to join the coalition supporting the Yatsenyuk Government with the Batkivshchyna, UDAR, Svoboda factions and the Sovereign European Ukraine faction and other MPs.
Revived after 2014 parliamentary election
The parliamentary group was revived after the 2014 parliamentary elections in Ukraine. The new leader of the parliamentary group is Vitaliy Khomutynnik. Anatoliy Kinakh had failed to win a seat in the 2014 parliamentary election. In its reincarnation the group has 19 deputies.
On 5 June 2015, Revival's Party Congress decided to make the faction "Revival" in Ukraine's national parliament Verkhovna Rada the parliamentary wing of the party, effectively merging the two. Revival MP Viktor Bondar was elected party chairman. The faction Revival has 22 of the parliaments 450 seats. By the summer of 2015 most representatives of the party in 2014 were members of the Party of Regions.
The party performed badly in the 2015 Ukrainian local elections, but generally won elections in Kharkiv Oblast. In Kharkiv, Ukraine's second-largest city, Incumbent Mayor Hennadiy Kernes was Revival's mayoral candidate in the Kharkiv mayoral election. Former Prime Minister of Ukraine Yuriy Yekhanurov was the party's candidate for Mayor of Kiev. In the 2015 Kharkiv mayoral election Kernes was re-elected with 65.8% of the votes. In the Kiev 2015 local elections Yekhanurov did not survive the first round of Mayoral elections. In the same election Bohdan Andriyiv was elected Mayor of Uzhhorod.
- (Ukrainian) Deputy group "Renaissance" is party of the same name and to form a united opposition force, RBC Ukraine (5 June 2015)
- Кандидати, яких обрано депутатами рад. www.cvk.gov.ua (in Ukrainian). 15 November 2015. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- POLICE CONFIRM GEORGI KIRPA'S DEATH AS SUICIDE, Ukrinform (6 January 2005)
- Хомутиннік зібрав нову групу в Раді на 22 депутати. Ukrayinska Pravda. 6 March 2015
- У ВР створена депутатська група "Відродження" на чолі з Хомутинніком. BBC Ukraine. 6 March 2015
- (Ukrainian) Депутатські фракції і групи VII скликання Deputy fractions and Groups VII convocation, Verkhovna Rada
- (Ukrainian) Party profile, RBC Ukraine
Party profile at the Center of Political Information
- Results of the nation wide party list 2012, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- Results of the nation wide party list 2014, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- Rada creates Group for Economic Development, Radio Ukraine (25 February 2014)
- (Ukrainian) The deputy parliamentary group "Economic Development", Korrespondent.net (24 February 2014)
- 250 MPs sign up to join coalition - Turchynov, Interfax-Ukraine (27 February 2014)
- (Ukrainian) In Parliament created a faction, Ukrayinska Pravda (27 November 2014)
- (Ukrainian) Candidates and winners for the seat of constituency 127 in the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, RBK Ukraine
- (Russian) Виталий Хомутынник распустил свою депутатскую группу, Capital.ua (5 March 2015)
- (Ukrainian) Депутатська фракція/група, Verkhovna Rada (5 March 2015)
- (Ukrainian) "Revival" "our land": Who picks up the legacy of "regionals", BBC Ukrainian (16 September 2015)
(Ukrainian) Party of Regions: Snake return, The Ukrainian Week (2 October 2015)
- Poroshenko Bloc, Batkivschyna, Nash Kray get largest number of seats in local councils – Ukrainian Voters Committee, Interfax-Ukraine (12 November 2015)
- Why a 'Star Wars' Emperor Won Office in Ukraine, Bloomberg News (26 October 2015)
Exit Polls Show Ukraine Divided For, Against Poroshenko Rule, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (27 October 2015)
After Ukraine’s Local Elections: Early Misinterpretations, Carnegie Europe (27 October 2015)
Poroshenko hobbles on, Politico Europe (26 October 2015)
Week’s milestones. Elections to be continued, blackmail in Minsk, and emotional lustration, UNIAN (27 October 2015)
- www.cvk.gov.ua (Ukrainian)
- Kharkiv ‘never had eastern-western conflicts’, Euronews (23 October 2014)
- (Ukrainian) "Revival" will send the mayor of Kharkiv Kernes, and the seat of mayor of Odessa will fight Fabricant, UNIAN (23 September 2015)
- (Russian) Yuriy Yekhanurov elected as a candidate for mayor of Kiev from the "Renaissance", UNIAN (29 September 2015)
- Kernes wins elections for Kharkiv mayor with over 65% of vote, Interfax-Ukraine (31 October 2015)
- Vidrodzhennia Party's Andriyiv wins Uzhgorod mayoral election, Interfax-Ukraine (16 November 2015)
- Official website (Ukrainian)/(Russian)