Revival (parliamentary group)
|Founded||27 February 2014|
|Politics of Ukraine
Revival (Ukrainian: Група "Відродження") is a Ukrainian parliamentary group in the Ukrainian national parliament Verkhovna Rada that before March 6, 2015 was called Economic Development (Ukrainian: Група "Економічний розвиток").
Initially accounted for 33 deputies, the group included 41 MPs by the end of the seventh parliamentary convocation. Most of them had shortly before been a member of the Party of Regions faction, and many retained their membership within the Party. Kinakh claimed to have created the faction to restart the negotiations with the European Union on the Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement and its Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement.
On its second day the faction with 250 other MPs sign up to join the coalition supporting the Yatsenyuk Government with the Batkivshchyna, UDAR, Svoboda factions and the Sovereign European Ukraine faction and other MPs.
Revived after 2014 parliamentary election
The parliamentary group was revived after the 2014 parliamentary elections in Ukraine. The new leader of the parliamentary group is Vitaliy Khomutynnik. Anatoliy Kinakh had failed to win a seat in the 2014 parliamentary election. In its reincarnation the group has 19 deputies. The Economic Development group was dissolved on 5 March 2015 and re-founded as Revival
- (Ukrainian) Депутатські фракції і групи VII скликання Deputy fractions and Groups VII convocation, Verkhovna Rada
- Хомутиннік зібрав нову групу в Раді на 22 депутати. Ukrayinska Pravda. 6 March 2015
- У ВР створена депутатська група "Відродження" на чолі з Хомутинніком. BBC Ukraine. 6 March 2015
- Rada creates Group for Economic Development, Radio Ukraine (25 February 2014)
- (Ukrainian) The deputy parliamentary group "Economic Development", Korrespondent.net (24 February 2014)
- 250 MPs sign up to join coalition - Turchynov, Interfax-Ukraine (27 February 2014)
- (Ukrainian) In Parliament created a faction, Ukrayinska Pravda (27 November 2014)
- (Ukrainian) Candidates and winners for the seat of constituency 127 in the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, RBK Ukraine
- (Russian) Виталий Хомутынник распустил свою депутатскую группу, Capital.ua (5 March 2015)
- (Ukrainian) Депутатська фракція/група, Verkhovna Rada (5 March 2015)
|This article about a political party in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|