Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec
The Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec (before 1998, the Federal Office of Regional Development - Quebec) is a Federal agency that has the responsibility of promoting economic expansion in Quebec by promoting small or medium-sized enterprises.
Under its Act, which came into effect on October 5, 2005, the object of the Agency is to promote the long-term economic development of the regions of Quebec by giving special attention to those where slow economic growth is prevalent or opportunities for productive employment are inadequate.
The agency has business offices throughout the province.
Other Federal Agencies for Regional Economic Development in Canada
Similar regional development agencies include:
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario
- Western Economic Diversification Canada.
Notes and references
- Department of Justice, Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec Act, subsection 10(1).
- Official Website Economic Development Agency of Canada for the regions of Quebec
|This Canadian government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|