Ecuador–Malaysia relations are foreign relations between Ecuador and Malaysia. Ecuador has an embassy in Kuala Lumpur, while Malaysia has an honorary consul in Quito. Both countries also are the members of Non-Aligned Movement.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2014)|
Diplomatic relations between the two countries have been established since 1994, since that the relations are described as "very friendly". The relations are mainly in the economic bilateral relations.
In 2012, the total trade between the countries worth around $142.20 billion with Ecuadorian exports of $22.29 million and imports from Malaysia with $119.91 million. The main Ecuadorian export to Malaysia such as cocoa beans, coffee and seafood while the main imports from Malaysia are mainly semi-conductors and electronic conductors. Several Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by both countries to enhance the economic relations. Other than that, an agreement between the Port Klang Authority and the Port Authority of Manta which could connect the ASEAN countries to the South American markets through Ecuador has been signed including an angreement on innovation and technology transfer. The Government of Ecuador also interested on the Malaysian investments in the palm oil sector with one of the Malaysian company, Sime Darby is looking a possibilities to investing in Ecuador. In the education sector, Ecuador has offered The National University of Malaysia (UKM) to participate in a ground-breaking educational project at a new visionary city in the South American country and the country has requested Malaysian institutions of higher learning to take part in the transformation of Ecuador's economy. Furthermore, Malaysia also has funded a monorail project in Rumiñahui and was committed to strengthening bilateral relationship with Ecuador through the realisation of co-operation programs and boosting financing on infrastructure projects in Ecuador.
- (Spanish) El canciller de Ecuador impulsa los lazos bilaterales con Malasia El Universo
- (Spanish) Negocios y comercio en Ecuador y Malasia: Analisis comparativo de los procesos de emprendimiento y exportacion; recomendaciones para el Ecuador
- (Malay) Ecuador–Malaysia relations Utusan Malaysia
- (Malay) Malaysia Rapatkan Hubungan Ekonomi dengan Republik Ecuador Ministry of International Trade and Industry
- Ambassador of Ecuador gives conference about ALBA-TCP at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia
- "Embajada del Ecuador en Malasia" (in Spanish). Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Movilidad Humana. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Honorary Consul". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Malaysia, Ecuador can expand trade, says Raja Muda Perlis". New Straits Times. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Ecuador to enhance culture, trade, tourism ties with M'sia". The Borneo Post. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Ecuador y Malasia acuerdan mayor impulso comercial e inversiones" (in Spanish). UCSG Radio. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Trade relations between Ecuador and Malaysia are strengthened". Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Movilidad Humana. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Ecuador firma acuerdos con Malasia" (in Spanish). Ecuador Inmediato.com. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Ecuador impulsa los lazos bilaterales con Malasia" (in Spanish). El Telégrafo (Ecuador). 26 June 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- MASSA (25 April 2013). "BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR MALAYSIANS". Malaysia South-South Association. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Malasia coopera en innovación y transferencia tecnológica con el Ecuador" (in Spanish). Confirmado.net. 4 November 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Balan Moses (19 September 2012). "Ecuador's petite envoy holds sway". New Straits Times. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Saiful Bahri Kamaruddin (27 June 2013). "Ecuador Offers UKM To Participate In Its New Vision City". National University of Malaysia. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Ecuador compromete a Malasia para financiar un monorriel" (in Spanish). UPI Espanol. 23 January 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Ecuador y Malasia refuerzan relación bilateral" (in Spanish). La República (Ecuador). 21 January 2013. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|