|Position:||Defensive backs coach|
February 4, 1957|
|High school:||Stow (OH)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Donatell served as the defensive coordinator for the University of Washington Huskies football team from January to December 2008 under Tyrone Willingham. He and the entire staff were let go after the winless 2008 season. Previously he served as a special assistant to the New York Jets. Donatell served as the defensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League under head coach Jim Mora for three seasons, prior to which he occupied this position for the Green Bay Packers.
He graduated from Stow High School in Stow, Ohio, and later earned a master's degree in administration from Kent State University. He is married and has three children. His son Tom is defensive quality control coach for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Donatell to coach Huskies defense
- Holt takes over Washington's defense, Associated Press, January 5, 2009, Accessed January 5, 2009.
- Campbell, Rich (January 21, 2015). "Bears hire seasoned assistant Ed Donatell as defensive backs coach". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved January 22, 2015.
- Ridenour, Marla (January 8, 2005). "Savage Joins Search for Coach: Browns General Manager Helps Interview Crennel, Says He Doesn't Think Ferentz Wants to Leave Iowa". Akron Beacon Journal. Beacon Journal Publishing Co. p. C3 - Sports.
... Ed Donatell, an Akron native and product of Stow High School.
- Crabtree, Curtis (2 March 2017). "Seahawks add Tom Donatell to coaching staff, promote three". NBC Sports. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
|This biographical article relating to an American football coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|