Ed Emery (politician)
|Member of the Missouri Senate|
from the 31st district
|Assumed office |
January 9, 2013
|Preceded by||David Pearce|
|Member of the Missouri House of Representatives from the 126th district|
January 2003 – January 5, 2011
|Succeeded by||Denny Hoskins|
|Born||May 25, 1950|
Nevada, Missouri, U.S.
|Alma mater||Missouri University of Science and Technology|
Edgar G. H. Emery (born May 25, 1950) is an American businessman and Republican member of the Missouri Senate, representing parts of southwestern Missouri. He is also a former state representative, serving from 2003 until 2011.
Emery is opposed to the expansion of Medicaid and to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). He also is a strong supporter of school choice, stating in 2016 that "when parents have choices, they get involved" and public schools focus on the "strength of the institution" instead of student achievement.
- "State of Missouri - General Election - November 6, 2012". Missouri Secretary of State. December 5, 2012. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Ed Emery's Biography". Project VoteSmart. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Downs, Ray (May 19, 2014). "Missouri State Sen. Ed Emery to Voter: You Want Medicaid? Move to Oregon!". The Riverfront Times. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Reid, Alvin (June 17, 2014). "State Sen. Ed Emery Suggests It's His Way or the Highway". St. Louis Magazine. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Jackson, Dylan; Fillion, Max (October 6, 2016). "State Sen. Emery denounces public education at GOP rally". Columbia Missourian. Retrieved November 2, 2016.