|Full name||Ed Kalman|
|Date of birth||7 December 1982|
|Place of birth||Plymouth, England|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||121 kg (19 st 1 lb)|
|School||Belmont House School|
Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union career
Having moved to Scotland from an early age, Kalman went to Belmont House School in Newton Mearns, East Renfrewshire. He joined the local rugby club Whitecraigs RFC. He played for the Glasgow District team for their under-20s from 2000–2002.
He played in a Gael Force team formed by the SRU to play in the British and Irish Cup.
He joined the Border Reivers in summer 2006 and his competition debut for Reivers was a replacement against Connacht at Netherdale on the opening day of the 2006–07 Magners League, and he had his first start the following month in the victory against another Irish province, Leinster, also at Netherdale. His first Reivers try was in the Heineken Cup victory against Overmach Parma at Netherdale in October 2006.
Ed Kalman joined Glasgow Warriors from the Reivers after the closure of the Borders pro-team in 2007.
The prop signed a new deal with the Warriors in 2011. He retired from playing rugby union at the end of season 2013–14 due to a back injury.
Ed made his first appearance in a national context as a replacement for Scotland A against their Australian counterparts at McDiarmid Park, Perth, in November 2006. He also had a replacement role in the A international victory against Italy on the same ground three months later.
- "Ayr Aim To Put Knights To The Sword". glasgowwarriors.org.
- "British & Irish Cup Round 5 preview Friday, 11 January 2013". cornish-pirates.com.
- "Gael Force Character Seals Well-Earned Win". edinburghrugby.org.
- "Age no barrier for Kalman". Express.co.uk.
- "Scotland A (Ed Kalman) - Scottish Rugby Union". scottishrugby.org.
- "BBC - Cambridgeshire - Sport - The 124th Varsity Match". bbc.co.uk.
- "Tykes can use adversity to spark revival". Yorkshire Post.
- "Glasgow Warriors trio to depart at end of season". scotsman.com.
- "Scotland call up Glasgow tighthead Ed Kalman". Guardian. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Ed Kalman called up by Scotland to replace injured prop Moray Low". Daily Telegraph. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Books to basics for Ed Kalman". Herald Scotland.
- "Defeated Dundee High drop down to shield competition". thecourier.co.uk.