|Born||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Genres||Rock, Soul music, Funk, Jazz|
His musical career started as vocalist of the hard rock band Kabbalah. though his first album was with the band Conexao Japeri in 1988. In 1990, Motta departed to begin his solo career, recording his debut Um Contrato Com Deus, where he played almost all the instruments by himself. Since then he has released several solo albums. In 1997 he supplied to the soundtrack to the film, Pequeno Dicionário Amoroso (The Book of Love).
His album Aystelum was nominated for the Latin Grammy Awards of 2006 in the Latin jazz category.
- Conexao Japeri (WEA) 1988
- Um Contrato Com Deus (WEA) 1990
- Entre e Ouça (WEA) 1992
- Ao Vivo (live) (WEA) 1993
- Manual Pratico Para Festas, Bailes E Afins, Vol.1 (Universal) 1997
- As Segundas Intenções (Universal) 2000
- Dwitza (Universal) 2002
- Piquenique (Trama) 2002
- Poptical (Trama) 2003
- Aystelum 2005
- Ao Vivo (live) (Trama) 2006
- Chapter 9 (Trama) 2008
- AOR (Dwitza) 2013
- "Apos polemica, Ed Motta defende o funk e o pagode" (in Portuguese). Purepeople. 23 April 2015. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "The Global Panel". BBC.co.uk. Retrieved 13 January 2008.
- "A voz sem musica e a musica sem voz". Universo Musical (in Portuguese). Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Basilio, Andressa (17 January 2014). "Tarzan – A Evolução da Lenda estreia hoje nos cinemas". Crescer. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Ed Motta". HKW. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ed Motta.|