|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Heavy metal, stoner rock, psychedelic rock, space rock|
|Labels||A&M, SPV, Tee Pee, MeteorCity, Off on a Comet|
Edward Mundell is an American rock guitarist known for his space rock 1970's inspired sound. From 1992 to 2010, he was the lead guitarist for stoner rock band Monster Magnet, contributing to seven albums in total.
Mundell is a self-taught guitar player who grew up in New Jersey. A founding member of New Jersey stoner band The Atomic Bitchwax, he later joined Monster Magnet as lead guitarist in 1992. His first recorded appearance with the band was 1993's Superjudge album. In the span of 18 years, he played on seven Monster Magnet albums in total between 1992 and 2010. He left Monster Magnet in 2010 to "collaborate with new producers, songwriters and musicians".
In 2011, it was announced that Mundell had formed a new project, "The Ultra Electric Mega Galactic" (UEMG). The debut album was released January 2013 with a 2014 follow-up extended EP titled Through the Dark Matter released in conjunction with UEMG's first European tour. A Mundell solo album Space Time Employment Agency, had long been in the making, with a release date in late 2021.
As of mid-2020, Mundell is recording with the band The Freeks, and actively contributes to various recordings and soundtracks as a studio musician in Los Angeles.
Mundell has been married to film producer/rock photographer Karen M. Murphy since 2006.
- Ed Mundell Infinity Fuzz Pedal
- Gibson SG
- Roland Space Echo
- Ibanez Analog Delay
- ADA Flanger
- Marshall Amplifiers
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers
- Orange Amplifiers
- Fender Stratocaster
- Moog Voyager
- Mellotron D4000
- Superjudge (1993, A&M Records)
- Dopes to Infinity (1995, A&M Records)
- Powertrip (1998, A&M Records)
- God Says No (2001, A&M Records)
- Monolithic Baby! (2004, SPV)
- 4-Way Diablo (2007, SPV)
- Mastermind (2010, Napalm Records)
- Atomic Bitchwax I (1999, Tee Pee Records)
- Atomic Bitchwax II (2000, Tee Pee Records)
- Spit Blood (2002, MeteorCity)
The Ultra Electric Mega Galactic
- The Ultra Electric Mega Galactic (2013, Orbit Unlimited Records)
- Through the Dark Matter (2014, Orbit Unlimited Records)
- Daisycutter – Shithammer Deluxe (1993, Rockville Records)
- Solarized – Neanderthal Speedway (1999, Man's Ruin)
- Scene Killer – Scene Killer (2001, Meteor City)
- Gallery of Mites – Bugs on the Bluefish (2003, Meteor City)
- Michael F. Thomas – Ruby in the Dust (2003, Raindrop Records)
- "High Times" High Volume: The Stoner Rock Collection (The Formula – "Hello to Oblivion") – (2004, High Times Records)
- The Glasspack – Bridgeburner (2004, Small Stone Records)
- Percy Sledge – Shining Through the Rain (2004, Varese Records)
- Faster Pussycat – The Power and the Glory Hole (2006, Full Effect Records)
- Waxy – Chainsaw Holiday (2007, Bowlleg Records)
- Sasquatch – III (2010, Small Stone Records)
- "Awaken" Poison Tree Records compilation (Ed Mundell: Ultra Electric Mega Galactic – "7,000 Years Through Time") (2010)
- 9 Chambers – "9 Chambers" (2012 Sampson)
- Abrahma – Through the Dusty Paths of Our Lives (2012, Small Stone Records)
- "Ed Mundell Official". Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Ed Mundell's bio on IMDb". Retrieved September 6, 2007.
- http://www.vguitar.com/features/artists/details.asp?AID=2099[permanent dead link]