|Born||1946 (age 70–71)|
|Known for||One of the three founders of Oracle Corporation|
Edward A. "Ed" Oates (born 1946) is an American businessman. He co-founded Software Development Labs in August 1977 with Larry Ellison, and Bob Miner. Software Development Labs later became Oracle Corporation.
Education and early employment
Ed Oates graduated with a BA in mathematics from San Jose State University in 1968, and worked at Singer, the US Army Personnel Information Systems Command (PERSINSCOM) (drafted), Ampex, and Memorex before co-founding Oracle.
After retiring from Oracle in 1996 Oates purchased a high-end home theater store, Audible Difference. Oates' clients included his ex-partner Larry Ellison and Steve Jobs. In 1999 he sold Audible Difference.
- "Oracle Timeline" (PDF). Profit Magazine. Oracle. 12 (2): 26–29. May 2007. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Distinguished Alumni". San Jose State University. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Edward Oates". Oracle FAQ's. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Bort, Julie (18 September 2014). "WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Look What Happened To The Co-founders Of Oracle". Business Insider. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Conversations with Early Innovators". Oracle. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Rock this way! You, too, can be a music star at fantasy camp". USA Today. 2008-01-01. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Embracing Your Inner Rock Star". Forward Thinking. Profit Magazine. Oracle. 14 (4). November 2009. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ed Oates|
- Ed Oates Net Worth – http://storybaar.com/larry-ellison-net-worth/
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|