|Born||1 June 2001|
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Education||Newtown High School of the Performing Arts|
|Relatives||Ben Oxenbould (uncle)|
Ed Oxenbould (born 1 June 2001) is an Australian actor. He rose to prominence for his role in the film Julian (2012). Subsequently, he appeared in the television series Puberty Blues (2012–2014) and became more well-known for his role in the film Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014). He continued to gain fame for his roles in the films Paper Planes (2015), The Visit (2015), Better Watch Out (2016) and Wildlife (2018).
Family and education
He starred in the 2012 Australian short film Julian, directed by Matthew Moore, in which he played the title role (a 9-year-old Julian Assange). He was nominated for the AACTA Award for Best Young Actor. He then starred in the Australian television show Puberty Blues as David Vickers, a 10-year-old boy.
Oxenbould co-starred as Dylan in the 2014 film Paper Planes along with Sam Worthington, which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival. On 24 June 2013, Oxenbould was added to the cast of Disney's film Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, in which he played the title role of Alexander. Miguel Arteta directed the comedy film, which was released on 10 October 2014.
|2012||All God's Creatures||Charlie|
|2013||The Amber Amulet||Liam MacKenzie|
|2014||Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day||Alexander Cooper|
|2014||Paper Planes||Dylan Webber|
|2015||The Visit||Tyler Jamison|
|2016||Better Watch Out||Garrett|
|2017||The Butterfly Tree||Fin|
|2020||Combat Wombat||Sweetie||Voice role|
|2011||Underbelly: Razor||Fred Twiss||Episode: "Jerusalem Revisited"|
|2012||Tricky Business||Max Nugent||Episode: "Skyrockets in Flight"|
|2012–14||Puberty Blues||David Vickers||Recurring role|
|2014||Soul Mates||Russell Crowe||2 episodes|
|2015||Australian Story||Himself||Episode: "The Meaning of Life"|
|2015||Comedy Bang Bang!||Grandson||1 episode|
|2017||Fireside Chat With Esther||Patrick Junior||1 episode|
|2019||Diary of an Uber Driver||Clint||1 episode|
|2019–2020||Reckoning||Paxton Doyle||Main role|
- "Ed Oxenbould biography". Tribute. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Alexander, Bryan (7 October 2014). "Oxenbould is enjoying very good days as 'Alexander'". USA Today. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "New Male Talent Bio" (PDF). roymorgan.com. p. 3. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "2013 AACTA Award Nominations". subcultureentertainment.com. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- Hassall, Greg (3 September 2012). "Q&A with Claudia Karvan". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 15 October 2014 – via smh.com.au.
- "Puberty Blues: Five reasons you should be watching the best Aussie TV show in years". news.com.au. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Paper Planes". tiff.net. Toronto International Film Festival. 2014. Archived from the original on 30 August 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Groves, Don (10 November 2013). "Paper Planes takes flight with star cast". if.com.au. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Sneider, Jeff (24 June 2013). "Ed Oxenbould to Star in 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day'". TheWrap.com. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (26 September 2016). "Jake Gyllenhaal, Carey Mulligan's 'Wildlife' Adds 'The Visit' Star Ed Oxenbould". Variety. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- Lang, Brent (4 May 2021). "Quiver Distribution Nabs The Exchange, Comedy Starring Justin Hartley and Avan Jogia (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 4 May 2021.