This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||August 5, 1954|
|Residence||Rockville Centre, NY|
|Alma mater||Adelphi University|
|Occupation||public speaker, author, CPA (Certified Public Accountant), creator and personality behind 3 Public Television Specials|
|Employer||Ed Slott and Company, LLC|
The Slott Report: Daily Retirement Planning Source
Ed Slott (born August 5, 1954) is a financial expert in the United States. He is an author and public speaker providing training in IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) and retirement distribution planning. He has been a collaborative creator of three nationally-aired Public Television Specials and is a practicing CPA (Certified Public Accountant) based in Rockville Centre, New York.
Slott was named "The Best" source for IRA advice by The Wall Street Journal and called "America's IRA Expert" by Mutual Funds Magazine.  He is known to financial advisors for his public speaking and IRA training programs, including a 2-Day workshop titled Instant IRA Success and a year-long advanced IRA training membership group. Ed Slott's Elite IRA Advisor group and Master Elite IRA Advisor group are among the most respected and technically enhancing groups for Financial Advisors.
Slott is a consumer advocate through his three Public Television (PBS) Specials, which stress to consumers the importance of working with competent financial advisors and educating them on the steps necessary to lower their tax burden now and forever and avoid needless penalties. His first Public Television Special, Stay Rich Forever & Ever with Ed Slott was the #1 fundraising special across America in 2008.
Slott is a resource to contemporary newspapers and media sources for reference and insight as an expert on taxation and individual retirement accounts in the United States. Examples include The Wall Street Journal and the Chicago Tribune.
Slott has written five books on retirement distribution planning and also writes and produces a monthly IRA newsletter for financial advisors and financial media professionals.
- Ed Slott's Retirement Decisions Guide: 2010 Edition (2009)
- Taxing Away Your Wealth (a special report with Harry Dent) (2009)
- Ed Slott's Stay Rich for Life!: Growing & Protecting Your Money in Turbulent Times (2009)
- Parlay Your IRA Into a Family Fortune (2008)
- The Retirement Savings Time Bomb and How To Defuse It (2008) (revised 2012)
- Your Complete Retirement Planning Road Map (2007)
Awards and distinctions
Slott is a past Chairman of the New York State Society of CPAs Estate Planning Committee and editor of the IRA Planning section of The CPA Journal. Ed is a past recipient of the Excellence in Estate Planning and Outstanding Service awards presented by The Foundation for Accounting Education. He is a former Board member of The Estate Planning Council of New York City.
- Ed Slott Biography - Financial Planning Magazine, 2010
- Ed Slott Biography - Random House Publishers, 2008-2010
- Saunders, Laura (November 30, 2010). "Getting Around Roth IRA Limitations". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- Stewart, Janet Kidd (November 25, 2010). "Roth IRA could be a good place to hold dividends". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved November 30, 2010.