|Born||September 15, 1960|
Saratoga, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Writer, director, producer|
(m. 1995; div. 2011)
Life and career
Solomon began his career in college as a joke writer, stand up comedian, and playwright and, while still in college, was a staff writer for Laverne & Shirley — making him (at the time) the youngest member of the Writers Guild of America. He then spent three years writing the cult Showtime TV series, It's Garry Shandling's Show, and has helped create critically acclaimed hit franchise films in each of the past four decades, including Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (with Chris Matheson) (the 1980s), Men in Black (1990s), Charlie's Angels (2000s), and Now You See Me (2010s).
In March 2016 he completed production on Mosaic, a 12-hour long-form TV project for HBO in collaboration with director Steven Soderbergh, and worked on an early version of a Universal The Invisible Man remake, with Johnny Depp.
|1987||Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise||Soundtrack||Lyrics: "No on Fifteen"|
|1989||Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure||Written by, Stupid Waiter||Co-wrote with Chris Matheson|
|1991||Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey||Written by, co-producer, "Stupid" Seance Member|
|1992||Leaving Normal||Written by, associate producer, Jerk in Bar||As Edward Solomon|
|Mom and Dad Save the World||Written by, Destroyer #13||Co-wrote with Chris Matheson|
|1993||Super Mario Bros.||Written by||Co-wrote with Parker Bennett & Terry Runte|
|1997||Men in Black|
|2000||The Prime Gig||Special thanks|
|What Planet Are You From?||Screenplay by||Co-wrote screenplay with Garry Shandling & Michael Leeson and Peter Tolan, based on a story by Garry Shandling & Michael Leeson|
|Charlie's Angels||Written by||Co-wrote with Ryan Rowe and John August|
|2003||The In-Laws||Co-wrote with Andrew Bergman and Nat Mauldin|
|Levity||Director, written by, producer|
|2008||Choke||The producers wish to thank|
|2009||Imagine That||Written by||Co-wrote with Chris Matheson|
|2010||Barry Munday||Doctor #2|
|2013||Now You See Me||Screenplay by||Co-wrote screenplay with Boaz Yakin & Edward Ricourt, based on a story by Boaz Yakin & Edward Ricourt|
|2016||Now You See Me 2||Screenplay by, story by, executive producer||Co-wrote story with Peter Chiarelli|
|2020||Bill & Ted Face the Music||Written by||Co-wrote with Chris Matheson|
|TBA||No Sudden Move||Screenplay by|
|1982–1983||Laverne & Shirley||Teleplay by, story by|
|1986–1989||It's Garry Shandling's Show||Script consultant, written by|
|1990||The Dave Thomas Comedy Show||Written by|
|Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures||Based on the characters created by||Characters created with Chris Matheson|
|1999||The Unbelievables||Director, written by, producer||Television Movie|
- Jagernauth, Kevin (September 24, 2015). "Steven Soderbergh To Direct 'Mosaic' Film For HBO With Garrett Hedlund And Sharon Stone". Indiewire. Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- Kit, by Borys (February 9, 2016). "Johnny Depp to Star in Universal's "Invisible Man" Reboot". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 19, 2016.
- Cate, Hans ten (February 12, 1997). "NEWS 1997_02_12 - John Cleese Shoots Daughter Cynthia". Daily Llama. Retrieved March 3, 2019.
- "THE SOCIAL SCENE -- A Cleese Wedding Held Away From the 'Fawlty' Line / British comedian's daughter marries in the Napa Valley". SFGate. September 18, 1995. Retrieved March 3, 2019.
- "Screenwriter Ed Solomon's Excellent Adventure". Jewish Journal. March 14, 2018.