|Origin||United States 1945|
|Labels||Warner Brothers, Enigma, Capitol, Epic|
|Associated acts||Ramones, Talking Heads, The Smithereens, Living Colour, The Empty Hearts|
When he returned to the music industry three years later, it was as a recording engineer, working on a wide variety of projects ranging from the Chambers Brothers' Unbonded to Barry Miles' Magic Theater to Sha Na Na's Sha Na Now.
Stasium's long affiliation with American punk and new wave—and the latter-day alternative rock they jointly inspired—began in 1977, the year he engineered both the Ramones' Leave Home and Talking Heads' Talking Heads '77.
His production career began a year later with the Ramones' Road to Ruin, followed in 1979 by work on the group's It's Alive and the soundtrack to the film Rock 'n' Roll High School.
Stasium enjoyed perhaps his greatest success during the latter half of the 1980s—in addition to engineering Mick Jagger's Primitive Cool, he scored a major hit with Living Colour's Vivid, and also produced acclaimed outings from Soul Asylum (Hang Time), the Long Ryders (Two Fisted Tales) and Julian Cope (Saint Julian).
In 1990, he helmed the Smithereens' hit 11, reuniting with the group a year later for Blow Up; Marshall Crenshaw's Life's Too Short and Motörhead's 1916 appeared around the same time. Productions from acts including the Hoodoo Gurus (Crank) and the Reverend Horton Heat (Space Heater) followed as the decade progressed.
In 2006, Stasium produced rock band LOURDS. Stasium and Breaking Records founder Bernadette O'Reilly were colleagues that reunited for this project. It was produced in Stasium's Durango, Colorado Studio.
In 2014, he produced an album by The Empty Hearts on 429 Records. The band included Blondie drummer Clem Burke, The Chesterfield Kings bassist Andy Babiuk, The Cars guitarist Elliot Easton, The Romantics guitarist and vocalist Wally Palmar, and Small Faces and Faces pianist Ian McLagan. The album was released 5 August 2014. Stasium currently resides in Poway, California.
- 21st Century Rock- T. Roth and Another Pretty Face (1974) (producer)
- Talking Heads: 77- Talking Heads (1977) (engineer)
- Leave Home- Ramones (1977) (engineer)
- Rocket to Russia- Ramones (1977) (engineer)
- More Songs About Buildings and Food- Talking Heads (1978) (mixing)
- Road to Ruin - Ramones (1978) (producer)
- It's Alive (album)- Ramones (1979) (engineer)
- Love Goes On - Alda Reserve - Sire - 1979 - Producer/Engineer
- Face Facts - T. Roth and Another Pretty Face (1980) (producer)
- Love's Melodies - The Searchers (1981)
- Demo- Ivy and The Eaters (1983) (producer)
- Light's Out- Peter Wolf (1984) (engineer, guitar, percussion)
- Too Tough to Die- Ramones (1984) (producer)
- Translator- Translator (1984)
- Evening of the Harvest- Translator (1986)
- Vivid - Living Colour (1988) (producer)
- Back To The Wall - Crossfire Choir (1988) (producer)
- 11- The Smithereens (1989) (producer)
- Time's Up - Living Colour (1990) (producer)
- 1916 Motörhead (1991) (producer)
- Mondo Bizarro- Ramones (1992) (producer)
- '92 Tour EP- Motörhead (1992) (producer)
- A Search for Reason- Kilgore (1998) (Producer, Mixing)
- Tinsel Life -Squint (2003)
- Knock Yourself Out- Handsome Devil (2004) (producer)
- The Shuteye Train - Rock and Roll with the Shuteye Train. 2004 (mastering)
- Revival - Reverend Horton Heat (2004) (producer)
- History Of...- "Whisper of Truth" 2005 (mixing, mastering)
- LOURDS- "LOURDS" 2006 (Producer)
- "Butterfly Assassins - "Sylvia" 2008 (mixing)
- "The Devil's Rain"- Misfits (2011) (producer)
- "Escape Into Life" - Tom Ricci (2016) (producer, mixing)
- The Edges of Twilight
- Biohazard (band)
- Space Heater (album)
- Lucky 7
- Biscuits (EP)
- Holy Roller (album)
- Alhambra (album)
- Stukas Over Disneyland
- Under These Rocks and Stones (Hammond organ)
- Far From Nowhere
- New World Disorder (album)
- State of the World Address
- Hang Time (album)
- Au nord de notre vie
- My Kind of Christmas
- The Connection track “Gonna Leave You"
- Parasite (film soundtrack) - Show A Little Emotion by Boy (1983)
- Scarred (film soundtrack) - Can't Keep A Bad Boy Down by Boy (1984)
- Home - Paceshifters (2012)
- Ankeny, Jason. "Biography: Ed Stasium". AMG. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Meet the Empty Hearts," Billboard 8 May 2014 accessed online at http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6084531/empty-hearts-blondie-cars-romantics-chesterfield-kings-album-song-listen