Ed Stein (cartoonist)
Edward Alan Stein (born November 22, 1946) is a liberal American cartoonist and former editorial cartoonist for the now-closed Rocky Mountain News in Denver, Colorado. Stein drew editorial cartoons five days a week, and previously published a local daily comic strip called Denver Square. Stein continues to draw editorial cartoons, which are syndicated by United Media, and have been printed in newspapers across the world in many languages. On September 20, 2010 Stein launched a syndicated national comic strip, entitled "Freshly Squeezed."
Stein worked for many Colorado-based publications including Cervi's Journal and The Rocky Mountain Business Journal (since renamed, Colorado Business Journal) before joining the Rocky Mountain News as staff editorial cartoonist in 1978, a position he has held ever since. He was the President of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists in 1988. In 2006, Stein co-hosted the 2006 AAEC Cartoonist's Convention, which was held in Denver.
Awards and Prizes
- Scripps Howard National Journalism Award, 1999
- Special Category Award for Cartoons Relating to September 11 and Honorable Mention, Fischetti Editorial Cartoon Competition, 2002
- James Aronson Award for Social Justice Journalism and Cartooning with a Conscience 2008 
- Denver Square: We Need a Bigger House, 2003, a collection of cartoons about life in Denver from Ed's Denver Square comic strip
- Stein's Way: Editorial Cartoons by Ed Stein, 1983, a collection of editorial cartoons
- EdSteinInk.com, Stein's Personal Website
- Editorial Cartoons Blog at RockyMountainNews.com
- Denver Square Blog at RockyMountainNews.com
- The Daily Cartoonist,,
- United Feature Syndicate Newspaper Enterprise Association, 'Ed Stein'
- Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, 'Ed Stein Cartoonist Profile'
- Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, 'Convention Roundup'
- American Association of Editorial Cartoonists, 'Ed Stein Cartoonist Profile'
- Daily Cartoonist, 'Ed Stein wins the Fischetti Award'
|This profile of an American cartoonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|