July 20, 1979
Monroe, Michigan, USA
|Education||Michigan State University|
Early life and career
Swiderski was born in Monroe, Michigan and attended Erie-Mason High School. While attending Michigan State University, he began working as a technology intern at Voyager.net. After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management, Swiderski went on to work in a variety of capacities throughout the technology industry including NuSoft, Magenic, and Microsoft. Ed co-founded Kambio Group, a digital marketing agency, and speaks at media and technology conferences throughout the country. Kambio Group was acquired by Legacy Marketing Partners in 2013, and Swiderski is now the Senior Vice President of Digital.
Ed co-authored Pinterest for Business with Jess Loren, the first globally printed guide to business marketing on Pinterest, and has been featured in Inc. Magazine, Fast Company, and several other highly accredited business publications.
In July 2015, Swiderski married Natalie Bomke, anchor and host of Good Day Chicago (WFLD Fox Chicago).
In May 2020, his first child Olive was born.
Ed is a Michigan State University alumnus, and was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
Swiderski appeared as a contestant in the fifth season of the ABC reality show The Bachelorette. He left the competition in episode 5 to focus on his job with Microsoft, but returned in episode 7. Swiderski went on to win the competition, and became engaged to Bachelorette Jillian Harris. The couple split in 2010. He then went on to compete on season 3 of Bachelor Pad.
Education technology nonprofit
Swiderski co-founded the non-profit Global Education Open Technology Foundation GEOTF, which promotes open standards in education that improves the quality of life of underprivileged students around the world.
- "Ed Swiderski Wins". ABC News. Retrieved July 10, 2009.
- "Kambio Group". Kambio. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Wiser, Paige. "Ed Leaves the Show". Chicago SunTimes. Archived from the original on June 19, 2009. Retrieved June 10, 2009.
- "Ed Wins". Hollywood. Retrieved July 27, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Ed and Jillian Split". Tv Guide. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- "GEOTF". GEOTF. Archived from the original on June 23, 2011. Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- "Ed on Ellen". Warner Bros. Retrieved 2009. Check date values in:
- "Ed or Alive". ChicagoNow. Retrieved 2011. Check date values in: