Ed W. Clark High School
|Ed W. Clark High School|
Educating Today... for Tomorrow.
|4291 Pennwood Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
"Touchstones for education: Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships"
Magnet programs at Clark High School
- Academy of Finance: (A.O.F.)
- Academy for Mathematics, Science, and Applied Technology: (A.M.S.A.T.)
- Teacher Education At Clark High: (T.E.A.C.H.)
- Bob Beers, State Senator (R-Las Vegas) (Class of 1977)
- Nick Bell, former professional football player (Class of 1987)
- Laura Dahl, fashion designer
- Brian Dallimore, former Major League Baseball player
- John Ensign, Senator (R-NV) (Class of 1976)
- Robert Gamez, professional golfer (Class of 1986)
- Steven Horsford, United States Representative (D-Nevada)
- Jimmy Kimmel, talk show host, comedian (Class of 1985)
- Catherine Cortez Masto, Attorney General, Nevada (Class of 1982)
- Ron Merkerson, professional football player
- Rory Reid, Clark County Commissioner
- Ron Riley, former professional basketball player (Class of 1992)
- Ronnie Vannucci Jr., drummer of major label band The Killers
- Phil Glover, professional football player (class of 1994)
- Louis Prima Jr. "Crown Prince" of Swing, singer, songwriter, trumpet player and leader of his band, The Witnesses. (Class of 1983)
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (October 2015)|
Clark High School is home to a number of performing groups, including the orchestra, band, and choir.
There is a beginning orchestra, for any student wishing to learn to play a classical string instrument, and intermediate and advanced orchestras for more experienced players. More proficient musicians may opt to audition for the chamber orchestra, which challenges students with a considerably advanced repertoire.
Once Marching season ends the marching band divides into two bands for the winter and spring seasons: the symphonic band (for intermediate musicians) and the wind ensemble (for advanced musicians). A drumline performs during the winter season, and there is a jazz band which has performed at Disneyland and on KLVX's Inside Education.
The chorus consists of several different groups. These include: All-men, All-women, Jazz, Concert, Advanced, and Chamber choirs.
Clark's full orchestra (consisting of orchestra and band) performed at Carnegie Hall in New York in 2008 and 2012. In March 2015, Clark's chamber orchestra performed at an ASTA national competition at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City. They placed as national and grand champions.
- "School info & Admission." Las Vegas Gakuen. Retrieved on April 1, 2015. "School starts at 8:45 a.m. and ends at 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays. The school is located at Clark High School on Arville and Pennwood."