||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Edward R. Warby|
|Born||7 March 1968|
|Genres||Death metal, progressive metal, symphonic metal, doom metal, heavy metal, power metal, Death n roll|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Drums, guitars, bass, vocals, keyboards, percussion|
|Associated acts||Gorefest, Ayreon, Elegy, Star One, Hail of Bullets, The 11th Hour, Demiurg|
He also appeared in the band Agressor in 1982 and joined the Eindhoven-based prog-outfit Elegy in 1987. Warby moved to Gorefest in 1992, where he replaced the former drummer just before the recording sessions of "False", he had to learn all themes and develop his work in just two weeks, which he managed to achieve in a matter so fast that producer Colin Richardson nicknamed him Fast Eddy. After Gorefest split up in 1999, he took part in the re-united Gorefest in 2004..
In 1998, Arjen Anthony Lucassen asked him to perform on his album Into the Electric Castle, because Arjen was impressed with Warby's works with Gorefest. From that moment on, Ed Warby had performed on Ayreon's every album, except for Universal Migrator Part 1: The Dream Sequencer. He also performed on the re-recording of Actual Fantasy (the original recording featured a computerized set of drums). He's also a member, since its creation in 2002, of Lucassen's band Star One and has also performed in his latest solo album Lost in the New Real.
He helped the Dutch popband Krezip during the recordings of "Days Like This" in 2002. He also helped German band Love Like Blood with three songs of their album "Snakekiller", in 1998. In 2005 he played live with the Dutch Gothic metal band After Forever while their actual drummer André Borgman was recovering from cancer.
In 2008, Warby began a doom metal project named The 11th Hour, and released the album The Burden of Grief in 2009. All guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, and clean vocals are performed by Warby, with the additional growls contributed by Rogga Johansson (Ribspreader). The Burden of Grief is a concept album, "about a man about to die from a lung disease."
With The 11th Hour
With Arjen Anthony Lucassen
- Lost in the New Real (2012)
With Hail of Bullets
- Labyrinth of Dreams (1992)
- False (Nuclear Blast 1992)
- The Eindhoven Insanity (Nuclear Blast 1993)
- Erase (Nuclear Blast 1994)
- Fear EP (1994)
- Soul Survivor (Nuclear Blast 1996)
- Freedom EP (1996)
- Chapter 13 (SPV 1998)
- La Muerte (2005)
- Rise To Ruin (2007)
- Into the Electric Castle (1998)
- Flight of the Migrator (2000)
- The Human Equation (InsideOut 2004)
- Actual Fantasy (Revisited) (InsideOut 2005)
- 01011001 (2008)
- The Theory of Everything (2013)
With Lana Lane
- Secrets of Astrology (2000)
With Star One
- Space Metal (InsideOut 2002)
- Live on Earth (InsideOut 2003)
- Victims of the Modern Age (InsideOut 2010)
With Love Like Blood
- Snakekiller (On 3 songs) (1998)
- Days Like This (2002)
- "After Forever Drummer Diagnosed With Cancer". Metal Underground.com. 11 February 2005. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "The 11th Hour | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace.com. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "The 11th Hour – Burden of Grief". Invisibleoranges.com. 2010-03-29. Retrieved 2014-07-28.