Aerial view of Edam-Volendam
Location in North Holland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Willem van Beek (CDA)|
|• Total||24.78 km2 (9.57 sq mi)|
|• Land||16.31 km2 (6.30 sq mi)|
|• Water||8.47 km2 (3.27 sq mi)|
|Elevation||−1 m (−3 ft)|
|Population (August 2017)|
|• Density||2,199/km2 (5,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Parts of this article (those related to infobox) need to be updated.(January 2016)
Edam-Volendam ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality in the northwest Netherlands, in the province of North Holland, consisting of the towns of Edam and Volendam, whose centres lie just 3 km apart. Since 2016, the former municipality of Zeevang has been part of Edam-Volendam.
Edam-Volendam has about 35,000 inhabitants and covers an area of about 80 km².
The municipal council of Edam-Volendam consists of 25 seats, which are divided as follows (2016):
- Lijst Kras - 6 seats
- Volendam '80 - 4 seats
- CDA - 4 seats
- Zeevangs Belang - 4 seats
- VVD - 3 seats
- GroenLinks - 3 seats
- PvdA - 1 seat
- "Gegevens collegeleden" [Data of members of the board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Edam-Volendam. Archived from the original on 4 March 2014. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 1132KN". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|