Ed Barth (left) and Richard Roundtree on Shaft in 1973
September 29, 1931
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||May 28, 2010 (aged 78)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Television, film, voice actor|
Barth portrayed Myron Fowler, the owner of Peerless Detectives, a rival detective agency in 38 episodes of the CBS television series, Simon & Simon between 1981 and 1989. Additionally, Barth portrayed a police lieutenant on the short-lived 1973 CBS series, Shaft. He also appeared in regular roles on Night Court, Murder, She Wrote, Civil Wars and Stone.
Barth most well-known voiceover commercial work was for the "Tastes Great...Less Filling" Miller Lite advertising campaign during the 1980s. Barth closed the Miller Lite television commercials by reading the slogan, "Lite Beer from Miller; everything you want from a beer and less". His other voiceover credits included Superman: The Animated Series, Osmosis Jones in 2001 and the 1998 film, Babe: Pig in the City.
- Bananas (1971) - Paul
- Shaft (1971) - Tony
- Made for Each Other (1971) - Ronnie
- The Super Cops (1974) - Detroit Hitman / Driver (uncredited)
- It Couldn't Happen to a Nicer Guy (1974) - Sgt. Riggs
- Thunder and Lightning (1977) - Rudi Volpone
- The Amityville Horror (1979) - Agucci
- Boardwalk (1979) - Eli Rosen
- The Man in the Santa Claus Suit (1979) - Babyskin
- Fame (1980) - Angelo
- Born in East L.A. (1987) - Lester
- Rover Dangerfield (1991) - Champ (voice)
- Twenty Dollar Star (1991) - Joe Hogan
- Mr. Write (1994) - Dad
- Killing Obsession (1994) - Limo Dispatcher
- Babe: Pig in the City (1998) - Nigel / Alan (voice)
- Osmosis Jones (2001) - (voice)
- Shaft (1973-1974) - Lt. Al Rossi
- Rich Man, Poor Man (1976) - Papadakis
- Husbands, Wives & Lovers (1978) - Harry Bellini
- The Incredible Hulk (1981) - Sam Brandes
- Magnum P.I. (1985) - Harry Granger
- Perfect Strangers (1986) - Examiner
- Full House (1987) - Lou
- Simon & Simon (1981-1988) - Myron Fowler / Max
- Doctor Doctor (1989) - Raymond
- Night Court (1985-1992) - Morty Fleckman / Blacky Buzzlick
- Civil Wars (1992-1993) - Charlie Howell, Sr.
- Murder, She Wrote (1984-1994) - Richie Kanpinski / Bernie
- Barnes, Mike (2010-06-04). "Teshome Actor Eddie Barth dies; Voiceover artist known for 1980s Miller Lite commercials". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2010-07-03.[dead link]
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American voice actor born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|