Eddie Fisher (drummer)
|Birth name||Eddie Ray Fisher|
December 17, 1973|
Hillsboro, Oregon, U.S.
|Origin||Mission Viejo, California, U.S.|
Eddie Ray Fisher (born December 17, 1973) is an American musician and songwriter. He is the drummer for American pop rock band OneRepublic. Eddie grew up in Mission Viejo, California and currently resides in Denver, Colorado, where OneRepublic is based. Fisher joined OneRepublic in 2005 and is the band’s drummer ever since.
He joined the band in 2006 after playing with the band's former bassist. Fisher has also been credited for writing songs such as: Say (All I Need), Stop & Stare, "Someone to Save You", "Won't Stop" and "All Fall Down" off OneRepublic's debut album Dreaming Out Loud. He also contributed to writing the song "Good Life" from the band's second album, Waking Up. He did not write any songs on their third album, Native.
Outside of OneRepublic
Fisher is known to have drummed on numerous tracks for the band The Violet Burning. He is credited for drumming on tracks such as "Save You" and "If I Can't Have You" (Kelly Clarkson). He also drummed on the track "Please Don't Stop The Rain" (James Morrison). He also writes songs for other artists.
- "Today in History – Dec. 17". The Journal Gazette. Fort Wayne, Ind. The Associated Press. December 17, 2009. Archived from the original on March 2, 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Reynolds, Chas (30 Jan 2008). "Interview: Eddie Fisher of OneRepublic". Artist Direct. Rogue Digital, LLC. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Biography". OneRepublic. Archived from the original on July 23, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "Cheating Allegations Behind OneRepublic Drummer Arrest". CBS4. May 16, 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Grossberg, Josh (May 15, 2012). "Mug Shot of the Day: OneRepublic Drummer Eddie Fisher All Dinged Up". E! Entertainment Television, LLC. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Varias, Chris (August 3, 2014). "Q&A: OneRepublic's Eddie Fisher on songwriting, touring". Enquirer. Retrieved 25 August 2016.