Eddie S. Glaude Jr.
1968 (age 52–53)
|Alma mater||Morehouse College|
Eddie S. Glaude Jr. (born 1968) is an American academic. He is the James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor of African American Studies at Princeton University, where he is also the Chair of the Center for African American Studies and the Chair of the Department of African American Studies. He is the author of the 2020 book Begin Again, which is about James Baldwin and the history of American politics.
Glaude was born in 1968. He is a 1989 graduate of Morehouse College where he was the Student Government President. He holds a master's degree in African-American studies from Temple University and a master's degree in religion from Princeton University.
Glaude began his teaching career at Bowdoin College where he served as chair of the Department of Religion. Glaude has received numerous awards including the Carl A. Fields Award, and was a Visiting Scholar in African-American Studies at Harvard University and Amherst College.
Glaude has appeared on The Tavis Smiley Show, Fox News' Hannity & Colmes Show, CNN, MSNBC and C-SPAN. Along with Cornel West and Michael Eric Dyson, he also appeared in the documentary Stand, produced and directed by Tavis Smiley.
He is a contributor to the Huffington Post and is well known for being a regular contributor and panelist during the State of the Black Union. In 2007, Glaude delivered the Founder's Day Convocation keynote address during the 140th anniversary of Morehouse College.
He and his wife, the former Winnifred Brown, have a son, Langston.
- Exodus!: Religion, Race, and Nation in Early Nineteenth-Century Black America. University of Chicago Press. 15 March 2000. ISBN 978-0-226-29820-7.
- Eddie S. Glaude, ed. (15 April 2002). Is It Nation Time?: Contemporary Essays on Black Power and Black Nationalism. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 978-0-226-29822-1.
- Cornel West; Eddie S. Glaude, eds. (2003). African American Religious Thought: An Anthology. Westminster John Knox Press. ISBN 978-0-664-22459-2.
- In a Shade of Blue: Pragmatism and the Politics of Black America (Large Print 16pt). ReadHowYouWant.com. 21 October 2010. pp. 307–. ISBN 978-1-4596-0613-5.
- African American Religion: A Very Short Introduction. Oxford University Press. 1 July 2014. ISBN 978-0-19-518289-7.
- Democracy in Black: How Race Still Enslaves the American Soul. Crown/Archetype. 12 January 2016. ISBN 978-0-8041-3742-3.
- Begin Again: James Baldwin's America and Its Urgent Lessons for Our Own. Crown/Archetype. 30 June 2020. ISBN 978-0-5255-7534-4.
- "Eddie S. Glaude Jr. | Department of African American Studies". aas.princeton.edu. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- "Glaude, Eddie S. 1968-". VIAF.
- Eddie Glaude to Move to Princeton University Bowdoin Campus News, August 1, 2002
- The Jamestown Project-Eddie S. Glaude Jr. Archived 2011-02-02 at the Wayback Machine (2007)
- Eddie Glaude, Jr.-Center for African American Studies (Princeton University: Faculty Profiles, Eddie S. Glaude Jr. February 18, 2010)
- "Cast-Stand A Film By Tavis Smiley". Archived from the original on 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- "Eddie Glaude, Jr., Ph.D." HuffPost. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- Campus News Morehouse College: March 2007 Archives Archived 2011-07-16 at the Wayback Machine Campus News Morehouse College: March 2007 Archives
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eddie S. Glaude, Jr..|