Kadi in 2014
|Born||18 May 1983|
A resident of Little Ilford School, West London since 1992, he is a past student of Fulham Primary School, Henry Compton Secondary School, William Morris Academy and Kingston University from which he graduated with BSc Honours in Media Technology. Kadi served as President of the Afro-Caribbean Society at the University.
In 2006 Eddie Kadi won the BECA Award for Best Comedy Newcomer. He went on to stage a series of sold-out solo concerts – two of those during 2009 at the indigO2. In September 2010, he performed at London's O2 Arena where he sold out the 13,000 arena according to his numerous (2) appearances on Fighting Talk. He has also released a 4 disc DVD collection, and completed numerous radio, television and film projects.
Kadi was a presenter on BBC 1Xtra and co-presented the OHTV series It’s All Good. He has fronted documentaries with Current TV in France and MTV Base in Mali as well as station idents for MTV and the BBC. He appeared on Fighting Talk on 27 November 2010, where he finished in the traditional debutant's position of last. He made his second appearance on 22 January 2011 and was involved in provoking Tom Watt to produce the immortal line “I’m not here to talk about real-estate” since then becoming a regular on the show. In February 2016, he came second on his first episode of BBC quiz show QI.
Kadi's work as a voiceover artist includes a characterisation in the Tiger Aspect produced animated TV series Tinga Tinga Tales. His film projects include the lead role in the short film Area Boys, shot in Africa and premiered at the 51st London Film Festival.
Eddie has also made an appearance in the UK movie Anuvahood released in March 2011
- Kingston’s funny bone Kingston University, 10 May 2010
- From Penrhyn Road to the O2 Archived 2011-06-09 at the Wayback Machine Kingston University, 5 July 2010
- Kingston graduate inspires others to 'unwrap the gift within' Kingston University, 19 April 2010
- The most famous comedian you've never heard of BBC News, 4 September 2010
- It’s All Good OH TV
- Tinga Tinga Tales Archived 2010-01-24 at the Wayback Machine Tiger Aspect
- Area Boys Trailer YouTube
- 51st London Film Festival Archived 2010-01-11 at the Wayback Machine Up-Close Film
- Shank (2010) Internet Movie Database
- Konfidence Foundation