April 8, 1986 |
|August 3, 2008, for the New York Mets|
|Earned run average||13.50|
Early life and amateur career
Kunz was born in Portland, Oregon. He attended Parkrose High School, where he played football, basketball, and baseball. He was a preseason All-American second-team in 2007 for the Oregon State Beavers.
New York Mets
On August 24, 2007, the New York Mets signed Kunz after they selected him 42nd overall in the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft. Less than a year later, on August 3, 2008, he was called up to the Major Leagues from the Double-A affiliate, Binghamton Mets, after having a 2.79 ERA with 27 saves in 44 games.
On November 5, 2010, Kunz was sent down to the minors to Triple-A Buffalo along with Jesús Feliciano and Raul Valdes. Along with them were Mike Hessman and Omir Santos who then became free-agents after refusing their minor league assignment.
San Diego Padres
On March 20, 2013, Kunz was released by the Padres.
- "Player profile". MLB.com. Retrieved August 4, 2008.
- "Oregon State profile". Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved June 8, 2006.
- Kobylarz, Lauren (July 24, 2007). "Mets sign top Draft pick Kunz; Reliever helped Oregon State win back-to-back championships". MLB.com. Retrieved August 5, 2008.
- DiComo, Anthony (August 3, 2008). "Maine to DL as Mets call up Kunz; With Wagner ailing, bullpen needs reinforcement". MLB.com. Retrieved August 3, 2008.
- DiComo, Anthony (August 4, 2008). "After quiet Deadline, Mets look inward; Kunz, Murphy and Evans give club homegrown boost". MLB.com. Retrieved August 4, 2008.
- "Mets demote RHP Eddie Kunz to make room for Luis Ayala". The Canadian Press. August 18, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2008.[dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-05-09. Retrieved 2013-03-20.