|Born||20 December 1978|
|Occupation||Writer, playwright, journalist, comedian|
|Genre||Science fiction, comedy|
Eddie Robson (born 20 December 1978) is a British writer and novelist best known for his sitcom Welcome to Our Village, Please Invade Carefully and his work on a variety of spin-offs from the BBC Television series Doctor Who. He has written books, comics, short stories, and for television and theatre, and has worked as a freelance journalist for various science fiction magazines. He is married and lives in Lancaster.
Robson's comedy writing career began in 2008 with material for Look Away Now. Since then his work has featured on That Mitchell and Webb Sound, Tilt, Play and Record, Newsjack, Recorded For Training Purposes and The Headset Set. The pilot episode of his sitcom Welcome To Our Village, Please Invade Carefully was broadcast on BBC Radio 2 on 5 July 2012. It starred Katherine Parkinson and Julian Rhind-Tutt. The Radio Times called it "the sitcom success story of 2012..." It became a full series, aired on BBC Radio 2 starting in March 2013, with Hattie Morahan replacing Katherine Parkinson.
His Doctor Who work includes the BBC 7 radio plays Phobos, Human Resources and Grand Theft Cosmos, the CD releases Memory Lane, The Condemned, The Raincloud Man and The Eight Truths, and several short stories for Big Finish's Doctor Who anthologies, Short Trips. He has contributed Doctor Who comic strips to Doctor Who Adventures and IDW.
Between 2007 and 2009, Robson was the producer of Big Finish's Bernice Summerfield range of products, and has contributed audio plays to the series. He has also written audio plays for other Big Finish ranges such as The Diary Of River Song, Blake's 7: The Liberator Chronicles.
Books, comics and theatre
Robson has also written books on film noir and the Coen Brothers for Virgin Publishing, the Doctor Who episode guide Who's Next with co-authors Mark Clapham and Jim Smith, and an illustrated adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula. He has written three children's books mixing fiction and tips for Fortnite.
Robson has worked with the Duke's Theatre on several productions including writing their 2015 Christmas show, Beauty and the Beast. In 2015, his debut novel Tomorrow Never Knows was published by Snowbooks. His second novel, Hearts of Oak, was published by Tor.com in 2020.
Robson is a prolific writer of children's television, with credits including Sarah & Duck (2015–16), Class Dismissed (2016) and Tish-Tash (2021). Other television work included episodes of Hollyoaks (2014-2015), and the Chinese version of AMC's Humans, produced by Endemol Shine China and Croton Media. The show was broadcast in 2021 in China.
Radio & Audio
- Robson, Eddie (5 July 2012). "Welcome To Our Village, Please Invade Carefully". BBC. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- Goulding, Tom. "Welcome to Our Village, Please Invade Carefully Series 1 - 1. Taking Overs". Radio Times. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Eddie Robson interview | Unreality SF".
- "Big Finish search". Big Finish Productions. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- About Me Eddie Robson's Blog
- Tomorrow Never Knows Snowbooks
- @berlinassocs (25 July 2018). "Endemol Shine China and Croton Media have partnered to create a new Chinese series of HUMANS. Head writer is…" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "AMC & C4 Sci-Fi Drama 'Humans' to be Remade in China Via Endemol Shine & Croton Media". 25 July 2018.
- "Adulting: the Guardian's first original podcast drama"
- "The Space Programme podcast"
- "Car Crash" podcast